“dirty, noisey, OVERPRICED, poor service”

SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lehi
Denver, Colorado
“dirty, noisey, OVERPRICED, poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and each night brought new horrors that were never addressed by management. Upon checking in we found our room to be filthy. There were ashes (cigarette?) In the air conditioner and the fridge had contained something garlicky that had been left to rot. The door of the room was out of square so there was a gap around the door that let other guests see into our room and ALL the noise from the hallway drift in. We complained to management and they said they would have the room cleaned and the fridge replaced for the next night, but that the hotel was full so we could not move rooms. They sprayed the fridge down with some nasty and toxic floral scent and didn't clean anything else. The second night they checked in a family of 6 (of the most ill-mannered hillbillies) next to us and there was shouting down the halls, door slamming, fighting and screaming (mostly by the parents) and kids trying to get into our room. I complained to management about the problem guests and was told that several other guests had already complained about them and they would be spoken with. On the third night the hillbillies continued there domestic squabbling into the wee hours and our room still wasn't cleaned. I complained to the front desk again and was assured that I would finally get a good night's sleep if I would allow management to take care of the problems. Night 4 was just as bad and night 5 offered little improvement. I asked to speak with the manager upon check out and told them how horrible the stay was, I expected at the least an apology if not a partial refund. When you pay the required lodging fees at this property you are entitled to a clean room, attentive service and a good night's sleep (in this reviewer's opinion). A gentleman who claimed to be the manager stared at me blankly at checkout and then told me that the hotel was very full that week.. We have stayed in this hotel on 4 other occassions and never had an experience this bad. It is my belief that as this hotel has aged it has fallen into disrepair and the staff seem not to care. I usually try to stay at Marriott properties because their attention to hospitality is unbeatable, not only will I NEVER stay at this property again but it has me reevaluation my Marriott loyalty. I was sent a survey for my stay after we returned home which I filled out in detail, within the body of the survey I asked to be contacted by ANYONE at Marriott in regard to my horrible experience because I really wanted somebody to at least apologize and make me feel better about the stay, but my request was ignored. Pretty shamefull for a company in the hospitality business.

Room Tip: I suggest choosing a room at the nearby Hampton Inn if you want a clean, quiet room with attentive m...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth W
Mark S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Elizabeth,
I would like to apologize for the poor experience that you had at our hotel. This was obviously something that left a strong negative impact as you are posting your review almost one year after your stay with us. We strive to provide each guest with a positive experience. A clean, comfortable room in which you can relax with excellent service to match are the basics that you expect when you travel. I apologize that the room, combined with the behavior of other guests did not allow you to enjoy your stay with us. I especially would like to apologize that we did not address your concerns to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on listening to our guests and we clearly dropped the ball with you.

I have shared your comments with our current staff to use as a training tool. We want to ensure that each guest that stays with us has a wonderful experience. I am confident that issues you described will not be experienced in future stays. Thank you for your honest feedback. It is only through this that we improve.

Mark Stoddard
801-341-6970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wild Western Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed. The hallways and facilities are also clean. The pool is tiny and the chlorine is nearly overwhelming. The outdoor seating area, fire pit and BBQ were a nice touch. The hotel is within walking distance to a cinema, a museum and a fun shopping/walking area. Breakfast ends at 9, and don't be late as we were because it is packed up and put away and there aren't breakfast options nearby. Overall, I would stay there with kids again, the adjoining rooms help. Not sure if they don't have a king/two doubles adjoining room configuration or if they had sold out, but would have much rather have had that over two rooms with doubles.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hurricane, Utah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I had a mini getaway and Springhill suites in Lehi was the perfect location for us. Easy access to the freeway, right next to a major attraction, within close proximity to convenience stores and restaurants, it was all around a great location. Check in was simple, the staff was friendly, and we were up to our room in no time. The room was very large, perfectly clean, and not outdated at all. My only problem with the room was the bed. I would think, for a higher end hotel, that the beds would be far more comfortable. It was very hard to get to sleep both nights and we both woke up with slightly aching backs. We took a dip in the pool the first night but we couldn't stay in the area very long. The steam from the hot tub and the chlorine smell from the pool really took over the confined space. There was a "don't prop the door open" rule but they either need to amend that or use better ventilation in that area. It was very overpowering. The area behind the hotel was beautiful. Plenty of outdoor seating, a fire pit, and a barbecue for their guests to use. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. Everything was fresh, tasted great, and the breakfast area was big enough to accommodate all the guests. The morning after, however, was far less appealing. I overslept and didn't get down to breakfast until 45 minutes before it ended. By that point the eggs looked inedible and the sausage needed refreshing. My husband, who was eating around 7 am, told me that it was the same when he ate. There was barely any fruit to be had when I got there and I had to ask for cream cheese for my bagel. It seemed that the staff knew that breakfast would be ending soon so they didn't stock much of anything at that point. Overall I think the good outweighed the bad but I'd probably check for a different hotel the next time we're in the area simply because of the bed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
mdmccull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Booked 2 rooms using Marriott Reward points. We were able to get rooms with an adjoining door. Rooms were clean. Property appears well-maintained. Staff was excellent. Thanksgiving Point was an unexpected bonus for my 5 year old granddaughter as they had a Farm Exhibit with live animals, including a pony ride. Hotel shuttle was able to take my wife and her mother to the outlet mall at Traverse Mountain.

Downsides for me was the drone of the airconditioner at night, the small kids running across the floor above us and the slowwwwwwwwww elevator (hint: if you have baggage to haul down in the morning, and you're not on the top floor, either grab the elevator going up, or take the stairs).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Warden, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were looking forward to this stay. Had heard a lot of good about SpringHill. The night staff were very friendly. Got to our room. It was a little small for a large family. Went to use the toilet and noticed a dirty towel still hanging in the bathroom. Okay, still not bad. I understand not seeing it because it was hanging on the back of the door. But i was also under the impression they have check points when cleaning.
The next morning we went down to have breakfast 15 min before our time was up. They ran out of food. No fruit, milk,half the cereal was gone. There was one egg and three sausages. Noticed there were like 4 families after us that also went with out. Talk about fighting to get the last muffin. Stayed at another brand the night before. A cheaper one and they had more than enough food. A little disappointed. Expected so much more from a Marriot.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We've stayed at the Lehi SpringHill Suites several times while my son goes to a basketball camp at a nearby facility. We definitely noticed that things are starting to get pretty tired in the rooms. The linens, bathrooms, drapes and walls of the rooms are looking and feeling worn, stained, and past their prime. The pool was extremely over chlorinated, and the hot tub was out of order. Rooms are VERY noisy at night due to the free-slamming doors and thin walls.

There are positives to the hotel, such as the proximity to Thanksgiving Point and the great customer service at the front desk. We love having a fridge and microwave in the room, along with the separate sitting/living area for added space.

Overall, the Lehi Springhill Suites is a decent value, but I am not sure if we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

My husband planned a surprise trip for me to meet my childhood idol Shirley Muldowney and we weren't sure where to stay, especially since this was our first trip to Utah. We were very pleased to know that there was a Marriott nearby and so glad we booked the stay. Although it was a short weekend stay, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the location was perfect! The room was clean and comfortable and the free wifi came in handy. The free continental breakfast was a perfect to start your day off on the right track. Highly recommended and will definitely be staying there when we come back!

• Stayed May 2013