“Very Enjoyable Mexican Restaurant”
Review of El Toro Viejo

El Toro Viejo
Ranked #6 of 145 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We enjoy Mexican food. We have eaten here twice during our visit to Logan. The restaurant is attractive with carved painted chairs and booths. While the booths are comfortable (we both have bad backs) the seats are low to the table. If that would bother you, you might prefer a table seating. You are escorted to your table promptly by a friendly hostess and chips, two types of salsa - red and green are served quickly at the same time your water arrives. They don't push drinks but they are available. Our servers each evening were very friendly and you did not feel rushed. The first night, we both ordered a very spicy seafood dish and our server was concerned that it might be too spicy for us - it wasn't (we are from Tucson), but we appreciated the heads up. They serve all the usual Mexican dishes and do have a good number of seafood dishes available. My husband tried two of them and did enjoy them. He likes beans and appreciated having a choice vs. just the refried beans that many Mexican restaurants favor. The second night, I had the Carne Asada, and while it was flavorful, it was tougher than I expected. If we stayed in Logan long enough, we would definitely return....And the Flan was very good too.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

A previous reviewer had some negative things to say about using "powdered ingredients". Well, I think every Mexican restaurant uses powdered chilies and masa, and even dried beans so I am not sure what they are referring to. Anyways, I would like to say that this small chain of Mexican restaurants (Northern Utah and some parts of Washington, I think) is some of the best Mexican I have had (and I grew up in Southern California, lived in the Midwest and the Northeast). I highly recommend their mole--they do it correctly, the way mole should taste, never too sweet and not too savory either. The staff at the Logan restaurant are very friendly and helpful. It's not much to look at, but the prices are modest and the food awesome.

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Service is quick and friendly, food test good, slurpy on spicy side.
Portions are generous....what else anyone would want from Mexican restaurant?

Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I see all these great reviews bug I would not eat there. A while back I was able to get s list of menu items actually made fresh. But last time I went the waitress told me that EVERYTHING on the menu has powdered stuff in it. Yuck. Go to aggie station or la tormenta for real Mexican food.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

This is authentic food. It is so good. I have never had anything there that I didn't like and I always have great service.