“Very Charming Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of R-Hideout Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manila
R-Hideout Inn
Carbondale, Colorado
“Very Charming Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful time staying here! Elaine was very excited to meet us upon arrival, and made sure that my fiancé and I had everything we would need. She was very inviting. The rooms are wonderful! Very tidy, cozy, charming cabins. You can tell that they put a lot of work and love into this place.

I was worried after we'd booked, because I read the reviews AFTER booking and wasn't so sure, but we went ahead and stayed. All I can say is, some people must be very difficult to please, because this place had it all! But everyone is different!! While there are a lot of signs in the rooms, I assume they just want to cover their bases! We wanted to get away from the world, have a comfortable and friendly experience while not worrying about our restaurant at home. This place took our worries away, and was a breath of fresh air!

I loved it! Will go back, and send other friends their way! (may even call her and try and have our wedding there!)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lehi, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I would rather stay in a dog house than this place. This place has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in ANY business I have ever done business with; this includes credit card companies! We called to get a bid and she gave us a, "screaming deal," which was double and triple everyone else's price. This was because it was a winter rate (and really because NO ONE else was there). Dealing with Elaine is like dealing with a snotty teen who thinks she is always right. The customer is never right with R-Hideout; only Elaine is right.
We tried to check in, but no one was there. I went back to get our paper work several times, but they were never there. If you need something, don't bother. We called to get the wifi password and I got interrogated and warned. Instead of just giving it to me she said it required a password (maybe it didn't occur to her that was why I was calling!). I finallly got the password. It was like pulling teeth. She makes everything harder than it needs to be.
My stuff was moved when they, "cleaned" (my sheets had hair all over them). Elaine must not get that my stuff is not hers. We noticed there were signs EVERYWHERE about how you would be fined for everything. I joked I would put a sign on my bags saying I would fine them $500 for moving my stuff.
Our job went faster than anticipated so we checked out early with the possibility of checking back in if necessary. I called Elaine and she said we couldn't do that. In my initial call to get a bid, she never mentioned there were no refunds. I was firm and said we would not pay for a night we would not be staying, but I appreciated her, "screaming deal." She essentially called me a liar and said I didn't really appreciate her. I mentioned she had not given us our check-in paper work even though we had been there three days. She said I had till 10:00 so I had to leave our jobsite to deal with her all because of their incompetence upon check-in. I got there at 9:50 and called to see where she was. He husband rudely said she was on her way. When she got there she was incredibly immature and made sure to mention she was not late. Then she tried to guilt trip me by saying some fisherman wanted our room (ours was the ONLY room with people in it so I wonder why Elaine was so mentally deficient to tell them they could have any room they wanted), but she said it was full. She was very condescending and treated me like I was stupid. Then she whined about how business works and I didn't understand. I told her good business practice means you treat customers right. Then I told her our future crews would not go to her place because of her awful customer service.
We now have to waste time monitoring our credit cards to make sure our refund went through (I just noticed the refund receipt said the machine was offline) and that we don't get any unexpected charges. If there are issues, she will be breaking the law. Our rooms had made beds and was spotless when we left, but that was even before our experience with this she-devil. Just a clue, her license plate says, "SASS." That is all you get when you deal with her, a bunch of sass. Again, it is really like dealing with a snotty teen who thinks she is always right. Stay away! I think most of the positive reviews are from her or friends, if she has any.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank JWayne2013

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

First of all, to understand this hotel, one must realize Manila is a teeny town near Flaming Gorge. There are only a few places to stay, and most people are here to boat & fish. Without question this was a very clean, spacious room. It was comfortable and offers a nice space. There are signs everywhere in the room, but if I had to guess, I would say the owner has had problems with too many people on the room, smoking, cleaning fish, etc. So while its weird, my assumption is its the owner trying to keep the hotel nice for her guests. My assumption is because its a smaller facility and very seasonal the owners probably need to keep a close eye on how people treat their room & the grounds. The check in & it not 5 star, but really, so what? If your looking for a cute, clean, spacious, affordable room near Flaming Gorge this is a great place. Photos do not do it justice!
For reference I travel often, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels, so my standards are fairly high. I want to emphasize how nice this place is considering its in teeny tiny Manila.

• Stayed September 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have never been treated so badly by anyone in my life than I was at check in. I was hoping for a nice weekend getaway, but instead got cross-examined. I kept reassuring the lady who runs the place that I would have no more than 4 people in each of the rooms I booked, but all she wanted to do was argue with me and made the whole experience miserable. The bad treatment continued in the rooms where signs are placed everywhere to warn you that you will be fined and your credit card charged if anything is out of place. Avoid this place at all costs!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Ron R
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Oh My Gosh! I have seriously spent less time signing documents to purchase a home than I did checking into R-Hideout Inn! The contract is ridiculous! You're agreeing to give a pound of flesh if anything is out of place, missing or not perfect when you check out.

The room was nice, thus the 1 out of 5 rating. The service...TERRIBLE! Had to call the owner (Elaine) when we arrived to get checked in. After 15 minutes of waiting, she arrived and complained that she was right in the middle of something and if we had come at the time we had guesstimated (1 hour later) we wouldn't have interrupted her.

After the 20 minute check in process, we got settled into our room. We then realized we didn't know the key to log into the internet. Called Elaine and had to listen to her complain & moan about "Quit bugging me!".

Items in the room such as TV's, artwork, microwave, coffee maker, etc. are marked, "You will be charged $___ (fill in the blank) if you steal this!". There was a sign that we would be charged $100 if we stole the DVD Player, yet we had no DVD Player but had brought movies because their web site says they have DVD Players. I called Elaine and annoyed her yet again to ask about the DVD Player & she said they've all been stolen. Seriously? Is this woman for real? I have a hard time believing that people have stolen her DVD Players. Which then worried me because in the contract I signed it had listed I would be charged if the DVD Player (and every other item in the room) was missing. Hmmmm.

When arriving back to the room late in the day after our first night at R-Hideout, the beds hadn't been made and the trash hadn't been taken out. I called Elaine and was advised that they don't make up the rooms because, "You think I have time for that?" She said to take our garbage out ourselves and there are extra garbage bags in the trash basket ($50 if stolen).

The next day we arrived back to our room to find things had been moved around. Disturbing. We had left a cooler on the kitchen counter and it had been placed on the floor (but nothing had been cleaned). I had left an open can of soda in the refrigerator and it had been emptied and the can thrown in the garbage. We had moved the toaster onto the kitchen table to make it more accessible while eating breakfast and it had been moved back. My daughter had left a backpack open on the dresser and it had been zipped up and moved to the floor.

Owner is too difficult. I would sleep in my car before I would stay at R-Hideout Inn again.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank SeeeingTheWorld
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Even if your spouse passes away, they WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY. Be very careful when booking at this place! The owner denied they were contacted regarding the reason for cancellation and even accused the grieving widow of lying about the death! Can you imagine that?

Room Tip: Do not expect a refrund for any reason - Even death of your spouse.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Peggy J
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel has a no-refund policy & they mean no-refund! We booked 3 rooms for a weekend of fishing at Flaming Gorge. My husband died unexpectedly 2 days later so we cancelled right away. They denied we called to cancel, they charged our credit cards for the full amount & refused to discuss any resolution! Their lack of compassion is mind-boggling!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Lynn C

Been to R-Hideout Inn? Share your experiences!