“Average food”

Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 135 Restaurants in Midvale
Cross street: 1300 East
Salt Lake City
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Average sushi. Lacks variety, it's safe sushi - if you're not willing to try different things, it's safe. Seems like most of the cooked food varieties were all in the teriyaki category...boring.

Visited September 2013

Orem, Utah
“Very Good. Great Gluten Free Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My family enjoyed or meal at Tsunami. We have some members who have celiac who loved their meal as well. The gluten free menu was large and the staff was very well educated on gluten allergies. The service was a little slow, but very friendly. The small plates and the bento boxes are both a great value, and I loved the cucumber salad. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013
SLC, Utah
“A great place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had to make sure to write a review about this place! I went to lunch at Tsunami in Union Park on August 16th, 2013 for lunch. My husband and I both ordered the lunch boxes, only about $10 a piece. The boxes come with tempura veggies (onions, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms), sticky rice, and two pot stickers. Plus you get to pick 2 proteins (teriyaki chicken, sushi, fish, etc). I picked tempura shrimp and teriyaki steak and my husband picked teriyaki chicken and steak. It was all delicious! The tempura had a nice crunchy and airy texture. The meats were tender and flavorful. Potstickers were yummy. As we were eating, we were already talking about the next time we can eat here again. The staff was nice, however with it being lunch time and the place being a bit busy, food did take a little while to come out. But not more than would be expected.

• Visited August 2013
St. George, Utah
“Go for Happy Hour & get happy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Happy Hour is from 2 to 5 mon to fri & is a great value. The 2 of us had miso soup, & shared a generous portion of veg tempura, shrimp tempura roll, gyoza, baked mussels and excellent salmon skewers all for about $25. Saki was served nice & hot.

• Visited May 2013
Sandy, Utah, United States
“I LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

The food is fresh and fantastic. I highly recommend the EXECUTIVE roll. I have tried others and while they have all been really good, that one is a champion. The service was a little off as we had to remind our waitress to refill our water glasses. She seemed a little distracted but that didnt detract from the wonderful food!

• Visited April 2013