“Having a sushi craving”

Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1300 East
Reviewed 6 May 2014

One night after work I was having a sushi craving so I asked a friend to go to Tsunami with me. Tsunami is always a good go-to for pretty good sushi both rolls and sashimi. This night was no exception and we were pleasantly plump afterwards. I always recommend Tsunami however I have found it's not always consistent so I preface my recommendation with that caveat just in case.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was my second visit, this time it was with my wife and two 17 years old boys. This was a feast, on Sundays they have a special on starters, so we had a large variety of food that please everyone from starters to desserts.
We really had a good time, this concluded a wonderful day skiing powder in Alta.
Jess who looked after us, came up with very good suggestions that we appreciated.
We hope to go back next year!
Pierre & company

Reviewed 22 October 2013

No matter when we go, the food is consistently excellent. The seaweed salad is one of the best I have ever had and the tempura is light and not greasy.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Average sushi. Lacks variety, it's safe sushi - if you're not willing to try different things, it's safe. Seems like most of the cooked food varieties were all in the teriyaki category...boring.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My family enjoyed or meal at Tsunami. We have some members who have celiac who loved their meal as well. The gluten free menu was large and the staff was very well educated on gluten allergies. The service was a little slow, but very friendly. The small plates and the bento boxes are both a great value, and I loved the cucumber salad. We will be back.