“Bargain & quality”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Midvale
Los Angeles
“Bargain & quality”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We selected the place because of its convenient location, right off the 15, and the bargain price. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the facility. It is your basic, generic chain hotel, but the entry way was inviting, the manager welcoming, and the room clean and spacious. They also have a good exercise room and a jacuzzi/pool. A decent breakfast is included. The breakfast lady was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask the manager to give you a room away from the bus groups.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay here whenever I am in the Salt Lake City area because previous have been beyond my expectations. The property is close to the freeway, there are both fast food and sit down restaurants nearby and the experienced staff is excellent. Since my last visit the rooms have been renovated and given an updated feel. What was different this time were the glitches that were frustrating and time consuming and the terrible breakfast situation.

First irritation was my room phone did not work and because my cell phone was out of charge, I had to sit in the lobby and use a house phone and make my calls. I would have appreciated being allowed to use the phone in another room where it would have been quiet and private. Second irritation was the food service delivery truck had parked directly behind me completely blocking my departure in the morning. It was necessary to track the driver down then wait while he moved the ramp and moved the truck. The delay insured I was in morning rush hour.

The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which at La Quinta is usually above average. There was no fruit, no rolls, and only one slice of bread when I arrived within an hour of its start at 6AM. The tables were dirty and sticky from syrup. I looked for a rag or some water to wipe one for myself but could find neither. When I went to the front desk no one was there. When a man did return, he said "It's been a long night." When I explained the lack of food and dirty tables he said a bus load of guests were responsible. Seems to me the staff knew in advance there was a bus load of guests who were leaving early and could have been prepared. Eventually bread was brought out, but tables were not cleaned and the employee said they had run out of fruit the day before. Even worse because the area was not monitored (when the employee was there he sat down where he could not be seen and he could not see the breakfast area), two people brought their dogs to the area rather than taking them back to the room after they had been outside. The dogs sniffed around and made a general nuisance of themselves (earlier I had seen the same two people filling huge coolers with free ice from the motel's ice machines).

I expected better from La Quinta and will think twice before staying at this location again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
sandpoin
Reviewed 13 June 2014

la quinta midvale, utah is a great place to stay.. friendly staff and nice clean rooms. breakfast is all you can eat and the exercise room gives you a place to work it off. I stay here 2-3 times a year and am bringing my family in July.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

St. George, Utah
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I enjoy the LaQuinta because it is overall clean for a mid-priced room. I was not happy with a yapping dog in the room next door for the last two days of my stay. I didn't even realize that dogs were allowed at the hotel or I would not stay there. I doubt I'll stay again because of this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Beaver, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Upon arrival, we are always remembered and treated like family. For the price, the rooms are beautiful and contain everything you'll need for your stay (right down to a refrigerator and microwave). The hotel is centrally located to everything in the Salt Lake area. We began staying at La Quinta because they are very pet friendly. We have 2 white boxers and they are as comfortable at the hotel as we are!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great service great place to stay, stayed for one night and after staying at other hotels in 47 other states it was one of our favorite. Our next night was at a much bigger hotel in Vegas but this one was even better. Best part was that someone called us right after we got in the room to see if we need anything else and if all is ok... So it's the little things that make a huge difference

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Staybridge Suites Midvale
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Midvale
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#19 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale? Share your experiences!