La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale
Priceline
Discovery Inn(Midvale)
US$68
US$66
All reviewswafflesboiled eggsno elevatorclean roomseasy accessindoor poolsalt lake citydining areafree breakfasthot tubpetkevincerealmcdonaldsutahski
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Was a nice stay. Room and bathroom were very clean with no smoke smell. The location for us was very close to all the places we needed to get to. Would stay here again. Cons: chlorine from pool area was a might strong, the green apples for breakfast were too green and the waffle area was rather messy. Nothing to keep us from coming back though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was a free stay for me through the La Quinta rewards program. Unfortunately "free" was still too much to pay for this place. Poorly maintained would be the theme here. There was bad patchwork in the bathtub, mold in several places, the sliding window was crooked and off track, coffee pot was filthy and the desk chair arm was broken. To top it all off there was dirty underwear and sleep shorts left in the bathroom, along with a used cup in the nightstand drawer. On a positive note the front desk staff was super nice and the hotel is in a convenient location. In summary, though, I cannot recommend this hotel. It's an older property that just hasn't been well maintained.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank legendsofthedesert
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Admittedly, I'm a value shopper (read: "cheap-o") when it comes to accommodation. This fits the bill. Got a screamin' rate & was pleasantly surprised. It's got the basics (for me): clean, comfortable, safe room with good hot shower. Then: super-convenient location, friendly staff who provide good service, great variety of restaurants close-by, well-maintained pool & jacuzzi, and better than expected breakfast (still pretty generic, but way over adequate.) The GM, Angela, is very "hands-on": you see her all over the property, making sure things are right. My new "go-to" hotel in SLC.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We selected the place because of its convenient location, right off the 15, and the bargain price. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the facility. It is your basic, generic chain hotel, but the entry way was inviting, the manager welcoming, and the room clean and spacious. They also have a good exercise room and a jacuzzi/pool. A decent breakfast is included. The breakfast lady was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask the manager to give you a room away from the bus groups.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay here whenever I am in the Salt Lake City area because previous have been beyond my expectations. The property is close to the freeway, there are both fast food and sit down restaurants nearby and the experienced staff is excellent. Since my last visit the rooms have been renovated and given an updated feel. What was different this time were the glitches that were frustrating and time consuming and the terrible breakfast situation.

First irritation was my room phone did not work and because my cell phone was out of charge, I had to sit in the lobby and use a house phone and make my calls. I would have appreciated being allowed to use the phone in another room where it would have been quiet and private. Second irritation was the food service delivery truck had parked directly behind me completely blocking my departure in the morning. It was necessary to track the driver down then wait while he moved the ramp and moved the truck. The delay insured I was in morning rush hour.

The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which at La Quinta is usually above average. There was no fruit, no rolls, and only one slice of bread when I arrived within an hour of its start at 6AM. The tables were dirty and sticky from syrup. I looked for a rag or some water to wipe one for myself but could find neither. When I went to the front desk no one was there. When a man did return, he said "It's been a long night." When I explained the lack of food and dirty tables he said a bus load of guests were responsible. Seems to me the staff knew in advance there was a bus load of guests who were leaving early and could have been prepared. Eventually bread was brought out, but tables were not cleaned and the employee said they had run out of fruit the day before. Even worse because the area was not monitored (when the employee was there he sat down where he could not be seen and he could not see the breakfast area), two people brought their dogs to the area rather than taking them back to the room after they had been outside. The dogs sniffed around and made a general nuisance of themselves (earlier I had seen the same two people filling huge coolers with free ice from the motel's ice machines).

I expected better from La Quinta and will think twice before staying at this location again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo