“Would not recommend.”
Review of Discovery Inn

Discovery Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Midvale
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Although I had prepaid for the room on-line with hotels.com, the front staff insisted that the hotel did not accept any prepayments. After going to our room I was able to locate my receipt to take it to reception. The "non-smoking" room were were allocated stunk of cigarette smoke, so I had something else to complain about. At reception the staff had changed over. The new lady gave us a different room with no problem but said that I would have to see the original person who booked us in to remove our new card payment. This would be at breakfast next day. Inconvenient, but this duly happened alright, with apologies.
The room was clean and comfortable. However the outside area was dirty, with rubbish around the many stairways (we had to negotiate four sets with baggage because of our room change on arrival). The place would benefit greatly by a coat of paint on the outside walls, which were discoloured and uninviting. The lobby area is a non-carpeted large space and has a very cold feel. There were several individuals lounging around outside; it was the only place on our trip where I did not feel safe.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Extronordinary

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Staying here so I'm close to work, waiting for my home to be finished. They are in the middle of remodeling, and I have really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was the second motel we was in due to the apartment fire.. I felt discovery inn was ok The only problem i had was they quoted a price then changed it 3 to four times while we was there. Along with there was no ice and they was not real friendly some of the employees. Other than that it was ok. So our stay at Discovery Inn was good. We had to move because of the prices changing all the time ( it was going up not down) so we moved over to motel 6 in midvale.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank derekandshe
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We stayed in the 'bridal suite' for our anniversary. The room was very large, with the bit jetted tub, and a nice king sized bed. It was a great place to spend our anniversary, overall. The staff was very friendly and quickly brought us more towels when we called to ask for them. It was great for an in town getaway.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I normally travel on business, and in the past I have enjoyed your motel. However, this last trip was with my wife and two young children. Upon check in, the clerk Stacey was irritable and acted as if I were ruining her night by entering the lobby. I know people have bad days so I let it slide. Then the next morning I went to breakfast and had to use the restroom in the lobby as my wife was in our bathroom and she takes forever. The desk was unattended so I walked back toward the restroom and saw an older man groping and all over a young short blonde girl. Clearing my throat did not interrupt them so I went on in to the restroom. This disturbed me as I would not want my children or wife to witness this in public. I left breakfast and returned to my room where I inquired from the maid where the manager could be located. She pointed to a lady smoking by the side door with a couple other people. She was acting foolish and unprofessionally so I chose not to approach her. I found another room downtown and moved my family there and am happy to report they were extremely professional and glad for my business. No improper behavior took place my entire stay at this other motel. This economy should ensure a motel keeps their customers happy or they will go out of business.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank BussinessMan37
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We had a handicap room. It was one of the best I have used. The bathroom was large. It had the chair to put in the tub and to sit after bath. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The staff was great. I believe it might be under fairly new management. Location was great as well. Disappointment--pool was not open.

My complaint was with the street system. It is great if this is what one is used to, but I could not even program the address into the GPS. South and West in the same address just does not work for me. I will never return to Salt Lake City for that reason.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Been a few years since I stayed here i like to find a place and stick with it one of those people. The best thing about discovery is the mining company restaurant next door. It is also real close to the freeway on ramps. The downside is the rooms are pretty worn out overdue for a remodel. Bed was well used and the non-smoking room smelled like smoke I was only passing thru so I handled one night ok but will be using trip advisor to find a new location when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank larfamilytrust
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Staybridge Suites Midvale
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Murray
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Super 8 Pride Midvale/Midvalley/Salt Lake City Area

Been to Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!