“I go here again and again, never get tired of it.”

Mekong Cafe Thai Seafood
Ranked #16 of 137 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“I go here again and again, never get tired of it.”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

There are a lot of Thai restaurants around, and there are a lot of good ones, but they all seem the same. Mekong seems different. Everything on the menu, from the dark rich curries to the fried rice (which my family calls "Pink Rice") is just a little different from the typical Thai restaurant. And the difference is a very good thing.

I've yet to be disappointed with anything I've ordered at Mekong. The fried rice, the papaya salad (Som Tum), the Massaman, the Panang, they are all excellent. And the Tom Kha Gai (coconut milk soup) is my favorite of any Thai restaurant I've been to. Loaded with flavor and big mushrooms.

Your visit isn't complete until you've heard the joyful contagious laugh of the owner. She is friendly and makes you feel right at home. This is a wonderful place to spend an hour.

• Visited May 2013

“Great Thai Food, Great Service.”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have been eating here for years and have yet to be disappointed. "Brenda" always takes great care of me, and the food quality is consistently great.

There is often a wait if you go here for dinner, and I normally refuse to wait to eat, but Mekong is one of the few places I will wait for a table.

The Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, and curry dishes are all great, as are the soups.

They aren't shy with the spices here. If you order hot, you will get hot food. They have mild, medium, hot, and authentic. I usually go for the hot or authentic and go home on cloud nine.

Go here. Enjoy it.

• Visited February 2013
Snoqualmie, Washington
“Best Thai in Utah!”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

A work colleague turned me on to Mekong a couple of months ago and I can't stop going back. It's fantastic food with spice and flavor second to none. My favorite dish is the Pad Thai, but the fried rice is excellent as well. I have never been a big fan of curry, however the curry dishes at Mekong are delightful. My wife ordered a chicken curry dish with rice and I couldn't help but steal some from her plate. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and can't wait to return. The staff is also friendly.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank cadehoops
Usa, Japan
“Not Good, GREAT!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

LOVE this restaurant! We have been going for years- it was the first restaurant my daughter ever went to. Food is consistently great, thai ice tea is too good! New location is hard to get to, which is a shame... make the effort. Family owned, and they care about you.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank dave k
Bellevue, Washington
“Very authentic”
Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

This place still has my favorite version of pad gaprau. Spicy in a way only real Thai folk cook it, thick cut sweet carrots, tender chicken, and a fried egg in the Thai style. It's the one I daydream about when I'm in the mood for Thai and one whose equal I've yet to find this side of the pacific.

3 Thank Dino-pravo