“This is my favorite Thai restaurant.”

Mekong Cafe Thai Seafood
Ranked #15 of 142 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Mekong fir over 12 years. I love Thai but their pad Thai is my favorite anywhere.

1  Thank Mike K

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I have been going to MeKong since 2009. This is absolutely the best Thai food I have ever had! The owners are great. It is clean and very cozy!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The food is DELICIOUSLY authentic, and the staff are SO FRIENDLY! We work across the street and visit here frequently. We love it!

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I went to Thailand in April. One of the best parts of the trip was the food. Since I returned I have been on a quest to find good Pad Thai in Utah. This is my fourth restaurant I have tried and my search is finally over. This is so yummy! I can't wait to go again this week. Note: Enter in the back door. The door that faces state street is locked.

1  Thank Christy13
Reviewed 15 May 2013

There are a lot of Thai restaurants around, and there are a lot of good ones, but they all seem the same. Mekong seems different. Everything on the menu, from the dark rich curries to the fried rice (which my family calls "Pink Rice") is just a little different from the typical Thai restaurant. And the difference is a very good thing.

I've yet to be disappointed with anything I've ordered at Mekong. The fried rice, the papaya salad (Som Tum), the Massaman, the Panang, they are all excellent. And the Tom Kha Gai (coconut milk soup) is my favorite of any Thai restaurant I've been to. Loaded with flavor and big mushrooms.

Your visit isn't complete until you've heard the joyful contagious laugh of the owner. She is friendly and makes you feel right at home. This is a wonderful place to spend an hour.