“ruined mom-cation”

The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Midvale
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am a single mom with a husband.. He travels 2 week on/2 week off and this mom needed a serious break, and this was suppose to be it. Sleep, TV (of my choice;), swimming pool lounging. My room was nice in appearance, but, drippy faucet and the fridge gurgled; I was going to let that go UNTIL I found a snotty tissue in the covers. 1st night of uninterrupted sleep, NOT! They moved me to another room. I snuggled down to have my moment of "uninterrupted" tv. I started itching, EVERYWHERE. The front desk sent house keeping my way. RUDE!! Trying to save my "relaxing" mom-cation, I thought I'd go visit the pool. I couldn't get in, my key wasn't working. The pool area stunk!! Maybe next to the trash on the other side of the wall?? Needless to say, I returned home to my family a day early. I have to say, Brittani White, at the front desk tried to make everything OK...too little too late. Breakfast was gross; runny scrambled eggs, bacon was sitting in it's bucket of grease, automatic coffee maker wasn't working, "it needs to be cleaned".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We apologized for not living up to your standards during you Mom-cation. I was raised by a single mom and I understand how important ME time is. I feel badly concerning your experience and would like to make things right, if you would give me the opportunity to do so.

Contact me directly at the hotel so that we may discuss the issue in a more personal fashion.
801.566.4141 (Darryl Carter)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The rooms are a bit small but very nicely updated. The beds are on the firm side. Great breakfast with a wide variety of things to choose from. Free internet, close to freeway on/off ramps. Had a pool except it is seasonal. We picked this hotel specifically because of the pool and it was closed so the kids were very disappointed. I really liked the shower head. It was not like any I have ever seen. It had an extension on the part coming out of the wall making the actual shower head hit the middle of the tub. It was a nice feature. I would have given them a 5 rating if the pool would have been open.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

You just missed the opening of our pool. We started operating Memorial Day weekend. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the other aspects and amenities of our hotel. We appreciate you choosing Best Western Plus Midvale for your lodging needs and hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Rooms were clean and neat. I was in a pet frendly room. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but was good enough. As long as the coffee is good! I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the recommendation. We are constantly working to improve our breakfast for the guest. I'm sadden that it wasn't up to your expectation. However, the coffee, latte, mocha and expresso machine is always a hit. Thanks for staying with us and safe travels..............

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a wonderful 3-night stay at this hotel while visiting family. Property was very clean and quiet (couldn't even hear the electric transit train that runs behind the hotel). All furniture and decor quite up-to-date, even a 42" (?) flat screen TV in the room, along with a fridge and microwave. Hot breakfast (including scrambled eggs or western omelets, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Carbon's waffles, etc. etc.) was great - didn't feel the need to go out for breakfast. Free Wi-Fi, and a Business Center near front desk so I could print my airline boarding passes (no extra fee). Near I-15 and I-215, only 10-15 minutes away from SLC Airport. Booked with Southwest Vacations, daily rate (over Memorial Day weekend) was $49 plus tax - you'd be hard-pressed to find this nice a hotel at more than twice the price!!! No complaints, only praises.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Remind me to hire you for our next commercial. You could not have explained our amenities any better. We are pleased with your satisfaction of our facilities. Thanks again for the kind words and safe travels...........With Kindest Regards

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We knew we'd be traveling through and found this place on Groupon. We didn't know what to expect. It said newly refurbished and we found all aspects of the hotel to be in excellent condition with nice amenities. We had a refrigerator and microwave with free internet and nice TV. The rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and breakfast was really good with lots of choices (biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and sausage, waffles, yogurt cereal, fruit and lots more. They even had hot chocolate. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RLMartin

Thanks for traveling through and finding our lodging a suitable place to reside. We appreciate your kind words and are glad you were please with your stay. Whenever you're passing through again, please think of us. We'd love to spoil you again. With kindest Regards..................

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was in town for a Goalball tournament with Blind Athletes. The staff was excellent, friendly, pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was very good and healthy for athletes. Rooms were clean, well maintained and provided micro-waves, refrigerators, irons, hairdryers, internet service. The athletes especially enjoyed the cookies at the front desk and lemon water, plus access to several hot beverages.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Plus Midvale. You had a super bunch of young adults with you. Vincent and I made a nice connection, as he kept my company during my shift.

The healthy breakfast choices are a plus. Most of our guest really enjoy the greek yogurts and turkey sausages.

We look forward to having you guys back real soon. Thanks again for chosing Best Western as your lodging facility.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is good if your only planning on spending 1 night, then you don't have to worry about housekeeping. We spend 5 nights there and each day just kept getting worse. They don't change the sheets even when there was dirt you can see on them. The housekeeping staff only left toilet items when I went to the front desk and asked for them. The first night's room the dead bolt didn't work, the tub didn't drain, and the shower head didn't work. We were changed to a different room and the next day we didn't have hot water because their boiler wasn't working and they didn't bother to call a plumber when this problem started.
The desk staff was great and helped me out with all my problems but it was just frustrating having to keep going to the front desk to complain.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get one that faces the side street, all you hear is cars and motorcycles dri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. I hear your issues and will address my staff accordingly. There is no excuse for not providing quality service at any time. I'd like you to contact me directly so that we may discuss refund compensation for your stay. I can be reached at 801.566.4141 - Thanks in advance for your consideration............

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#23 of 77 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Murray
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Staybridge Suites Midvale

Been to The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale? Share your experiences!