The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Midvale
“Nice place”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

my boyfriend booked this hotel before I read the reviews...:/ We had a pleasant stay! There were a few issues at check in but were resolved. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was very good the staff at the breakfast were very nice! The pool area was small but very nice and clean. The only complaint here is that the coffee in the rooms is like drinking mud .. yuck... other than that a great place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for stopping in and lodging with us. I'm really glad you liked your stay. It's unfortunate you didn't like the in room coffee. If you're ever back in the area, check out our 24 hour coffee machine in the breakfast area. It serves latte, mocha, expresso and hot chocolate. Thanks again for choosing Best Western and safe travels this summer..................

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this room through Groupon for a friend visiting town. It is conveniently located by the freeway & gave way for easy travel. She could get to where she needed to be without having to cut through the city traffic. The room was clean & it was nice to have a mini fridge to store drinks & snacks. We used the pool & it was on the cold side but clean. The hot tub was warm & comfy! The staff was really kind & they offered a breakfast that was quite nice; waffles/eggs to yogurt/oatmeal & there was a nice variety of juices/coffees. Cafe Silvestre is across the front parking lot & they offer wonderful Mexican Food (& have alcohol)- This eliminates the need to drive anywhere to grab a bite to eat & get a cold beer :0)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks for choosing Best Western Plus for your lodging needs. Happy and safe travels to you................
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this room through Hotwire and having lived in SLC we were a little worried about the location. I'm happy to say there were no problems with the area. It is conveniently located next to I15. The rooms are nice. Clean and quiet. The beds are pretty hard but I slept well. The breakfast was nice I was excited that they had Greek yogurt! The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014
Alan D, General Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Than you for your kind words. We really try to make each guest feel welcome like family. It is where you stay with people who care. Being that you are from Salt Lake, we'd like to invite you out again whenever you need that break. We're ready to dazzle you with cozy, clean comfort............
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We booked our stay through Groupon. The room offered was the king jacuzzi suite. When we arrived at the hotel we were told we were upgraded to the business suite. We were excited and headed up to our room only to find it was the basic hotel room. Infuriated I went back down and confronted the front desk lady as calmly as I could and explained what happened. To which we were told that we aren't allowed to have a jacuzzi room through groupon without paying 200$ extra for the two nights. She then also told us that someone else had also booked through groupon but that they had gotten the only working jacuzzi suite and that they had no others available becaue the company owners kept the rooms occupied with their things 24/7. She then called her manager and we were told the same thing. That their policy with group on is that we would have to pay 200$ more for the room we booked! I finally gave in and said we would pay the extra and magically the suite we booked opened up! We finally got to our room and settled down. I didn't appreciate what I felt were lies and excuses to not let us have our room. Not to mention trying to not stay true to their contract with groupon. As we checked out we were told that the 200$ Didn't need to be paid and that we were right all along. As nice as that was I stressed about the money my whole anniversary and was very upset. I will never go back because of the way we were treated.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kylee P
Alan D, Manager at The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Kylee P - Let me begin by offering my sincere apology for your unfortunate stay at our hotel. We have a very good working relationship with Groupon and what you experienced is not our standard operating procedures. We receive confirmations from Groupon with the room types listed on the reservation. Periodically, there are miscues which should not hamper the check in process or guest experience. You were given some inaccurate information and we do apologize for the miscommunication on the issue. We did not intentionally lie to you or try to mislead you in any way. I understand how important special occasions are and we feel terrible for stressing you out on your anniversary. It should have been a time of happiness, fun and relaxation.

That being said, I would like to offer you a do-over. I will totally compensate you and your husband a weekend, so that we may show you how we truly operate. Please contact the hotel at 801.566.4141 and ask for me directly (Darryl Carter) so that we may discuss the matter in more detail. I will also reach out to you personally with the information we have on file.

Again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you soon............

Travellers are raving about these Midvale hotels

Lompoc, California, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am a single mom with a husband.. He travels 2 week on/2 week off and this mom needed a serious break, and this was suppose to be it. Sleep, TV (of my choice;), swimming pool lounging. My room was nice in appearance, but, drippy faucet and the fridge gurgled; I was going to let that go UNTIL I found a snotty tissue in the covers. 1st night of uninterrupted sleep, NOT! They moved me to another room. I snuggled down to have my moment of "uninterrupted" tv. I started itching, EVERYWHERE. The front desk sent house keeping my way. RUDE!! Trying to save my "relaxing" mom-cation, I thought I'd go visit the pool. I couldn't get in, my key wasn't working. The pool area stunk!! Maybe next to the trash on the other side of the wall?? Needless to say, I returned home to my family a day early. I have to say, Brittani White, at the front desk tried to make everything OK...too little too late. Breakfast was gross; runny scrambled eggs, bacon was sitting in it's bucket of grease, automatic coffee maker wasn't working, "it needs to be cleaned".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
We apologized for not living up to your standards during you Mom-cation. I was raised by a single mom and I understand how important ME time is. I feel badly concerning your experience and would like to make things right, if you would give me the opportunity to do so.

Contact me directly at the hotel so that we may discuss the issue in a more personal fashion.
801.566.4141 (Darryl Carter)
Hurricane, Utah, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The rooms are a bit small but very nicely updated. The beds are on the firm side. Great breakfast with a wide variety of things to choose from. Free internet, close to freeway on/off ramps. Had a pool except it is seasonal. We picked this hotel specifically because of the pool and it was closed so the kids were very disappointed. I really liked the shower head. It was not like any I have ever seen. It had an extension on the part coming out of the wall making the actual shower head hit the middle of the tub. It was a nice feature. I would have given them a 5 rating if the pool would have been open.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
You just missed the opening of our pool. We started operating Memorial Day weekend. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the other aspects and amenities of our hotel. We appreciate you choosing Best Western Plus Midvale for your lodging needs and hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels
Bozeman, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Rooms were clean and neat. I was in a pet frendly room. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but was good enough. As long as the coffee is good! I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the recommendation. We are constantly working to improve our breakfast for the guest. I'm sadden that it wasn't up to your expectation. However, the coffee, latte, mocha and expresso machine is always a hit. Thanks for staying with us and safe travels..............
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midvale
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#20 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Staybridge Suites Midvale
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Midvale
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Midvale/Sandy

Been to The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale? Share your experiences!