“Overcharged by $3+”

Kneaders Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Midvale
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Was charged 14$ and some change for French Toast, 1 smoothie, and cheesecake. They didn't catch my other smoothie I ordered along with the cheesecake to make a #2 order. When I asked them to add the other smoothie and revise my order, manager simply told me he didnt' want to have to revise it, and would charge me less for the smoothie. Ended up costing me almost 17$ altogether. Won't ever return to Kneaders. Expensive breakfast WAS a luxury, but I'm not normally the type to eat fast food, so this will be an easy nix.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

A very nice menu and good variety. But after a long wait in line to order the experience is diminished.
Try it for the flavor, but be prepared that you are not able to sit down and be served.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Simple and great food. I wish this place was near where I live. The sandwiches, soups, and salads are wonderful. But these people tempt you with delicious treats just as you walk in the door!

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I would gladly give this restaurant 5 circles if not for their ridiculous lack of seating. Definitely on Saturdays plan on a wait for a table. The wait is even worse in the winter when people can't eat outside. People are crammed in every corner, hovering over you while you eat, waiting for your table. I once shared a table with a couple of strangers since they were trying to eat standing in a corner. It is completely out of control.

They do all you can eat Cinnamon French Toast or Pancakes for breakfast and on Saturday morning it is a madhouse. The French Toast is a total indulgence. It's served with whipped cream, strawberries and a warm caramel sauce. It's too rich for me to eat more than one serving (2 slices) but hubby does.

Their sandwiches and soups for lunch/dinner are fantastic. The sandwiches are served on your choice of fresh bread. They are huge and thick and the turkey sandwiches are real chunks of turkey. No pressed turkey here! The soups are hearty and rich. Chock full of veggies and meats. The cream soups are rich and filling.

Now, for my favorite part of the meal: dessert. I have yet to try anything that wasn't amazing. But some of the standouts are the fruit tart, a perfect crisp shortbread tart filled with cream and topped with fresh fruit; the seasonal peppermint brownie (all of the brownies, really). The cookies are great and the bread puddings, of which there are several varieties, are fantastic. Oh and did I mention the eclairs? To die for.

So make sure to save room for dessert, or take one home for later.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I'm not sure if I can complain about having so many choices, but it sure makes it more difficult to choose something. Even harder to pass up a dessert, or just pick one, when they all look so amazingly good in the display! The homemade breads just make the sandwiches here! My favorite is the leftover turkey sandwich--it has everything I love on a sandwich!