“Relaxing. Easy to access yet seemed far away”
Review of Homestead Resort

Homestead Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Relaxing. Easy to access yet seemed far away”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I needed to get away for a night. I looked on all the different sights for deals of places that could accomadate our family & yet had what I needed to relax and at a reasonable price. Homestead Resort had it all. Good food, not too long of a drive, room for our family, lot's of activities, a few rooms that accept your family dog, and a beautiful view. The staff was friendly and the water the perfect temp. We will be going back for a longer period as a family but also as a couple. I'm so glad to have found Homestead Resort.

Room Tip: We were in the only spot where they allow pets but I didn't see a single location that would hav...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were at the resort to receive our SCUBA diving certification at the Homestead Crater. The crater is on the hotel grounds, so access was extremely convenient for this purpose. The crater features relaxing 96 degree water, which was a treat for a 6 AM dive in April. The hotel was great, a very warm and inviting atmosphere, with comfortable furniture, fireplaces in the common area, friendly staff, everything needed to make you feel at home. Large well maintained rooms with comfortable furniture. Double sinks in the bathroom, which my daughter particularly appreciated. Simon's Restaurant featured a great menu of primarily comfort food options and the food quality was outstanding. They turned a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup into a gourmet meal. The fried pickles were wonderful as well. The deserts looked amazing, but we were too full to try any. We weren't at the resort to ski, but we did drive to Park City and I was surprised at how close it was. It was less than a half hour drive to Park City, Deer Valley and Canyons, so the resort would definitely be a nice option for skiers as well. Overall great value. We had a dive group rate, which helped I'm sure, but I definitely received more value than I paid for.

1 Thank Stephen T
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Helpful staff, delicious food with local ingredients, beautiful grounds, relaxing crater and comfy rooms. Great place for couples or families. We were getting our scuba certification in the crater, so we had a lot of down time between dives. We enjoyed just hanging out around the grounds, visiting the nearby town, and soaking in the beautiful scenery!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The Homestead needs some updates and improvements, but that didn't keep me from having a great stay here and wishing I didn't have to leave. I stayed here mostly because I was fascinated by the Homestead Crater and wanted to be able to swim there as much as possible during my trip. I will admit that some of the comments in other reviews about the upkeep of the grounds are true--there were some rusty spots on some of the stair railings, the stair carpets for at least one of the buildings need to be replaced, and the rooms could use some updating. But none of these things kept me from falling in love with this resort. I felt like I had truly "gotten away from it all" and would absolutely stay again. There is something about it that makes you feel like a kid again--like being on your old college campus in summer when school isn't in session or being at camp (but with really comfortable beds). I was planning to try lots of local restaurants but ended up dining at Simon's all three nights--and by that time my waitress knew all my preferences. The resort is close to excellent hiking and mountain biking trails, shops and restaurants in Midway, and the neighboring Zermatt resort--which has a great spa.

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Hi,
I have lived in Heber, Midway and Salt Lake City for 35 years.
I have stayed at the Homestead Once before in the middle if the winter.
With this in mind I recently got married and thought the homestead would be an ideal location for a quick "honeymoon" get away,As our work requirements kept us locally.
We booked a 4 day stay at the homestead.

I was totally UNIMPRESSED !!!!
The place was totally run down.
The entire place needs paint, rust repair and general cleaning.
The swimming pool was outdated and well worn. The hot tubs were filthy. The deck area needed stain and sanding.
In room fireplace would not light and would not stay lit after a service call. (Which was prompt)
The stairs to the rooms were horrific
And one felt the need to traverse carefully.
The winter clean up had not started even though 75 degree days were upon the area.
We immediately asked for a refund or a transfer to the sister motel (Zermott) across the street. Which we were excited to receive without an upgrade charge.... That was amazing !!!
Please read Zermott review!
The Homestead has been living off a great reputation, it is no where close to what it was in the glory years.... As that time has passed. Several million dollars will be needed to bring this place up to quality standards they held in the past.
0/5 for a review .... Find a motel 6 they will at least have a light that will work.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yogi118
Santaquin, Utah
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a WONDERFUL place to spend a Honeymoon or Anniversary. The staff is very friendly and the food is Amazing. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms are very cozy and very clean. The country charm is relaxing and refreshing! We have spent our honeymoon and every anniversary there and plan to spend them all there. The resort is set in such an amazing mountain setting you can't help but enjoy yourself. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gene K
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We have been going regularly to the Homestead in Midway (a really fun little town) as a couple and as a family for over 20 years. Our sons, now grown, are taking their young families there as well. The staff is always very courteous and helpful. We love the pools! There is a large indoor pool with a smaller "hot tub" pool attached and a beautiful outdoor pool, available in the summer. Two outdoor jacuzzis are open all year long, one of them is a mineral bath jacuzzi. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful, like stepping into another time. The rooms have been redecorated and are beautiful. We have stayed in 13 of the 18 places to stay - cottages, garden rooms, and executive suites and enjoyed them all. If you're looking for a peaceful, relaxing getaway, you can't beat the Homestead.

Room Tip: We love the cottages, a small upgrade fee from the garden rooms. We stayed last in room 160, a groun...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelsRambles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
The St. Regis Deer Valley
#12 of 60 in Park City
Marriott's MountainSide
Marriott's MountainSide
#11 of 60 in Park City

Been to Homestead Resort? Share your experiences!