“No heat in the middle of winter!”

Zermatt Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
St. George, Utah
“No heat in the middle of winter!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Zermatt with our two young children. The place was nice, but just average. I'm not sure why they call it a "resort". Staff was nice, the heater in our first room was broken. They were going to send an "engineer" to fix the heat, so we left the room for about six hours. When we got back, it was still broken. They forgot to send someone to fix it. They moved us to another room, but that heater was broken as well, and we were told they were booked so they could not help us. We borrowed some extra blankets from another room to keep the kids warm (the staff said there was no extra bedding available). Other than that issue, it was an average place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Missmommy113

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We pricelined our recent trip and landed on this Resort. It seemed that the reviews were mixed, and so I was a little hesitant. But now that we have stayed there, I can clearly say that it was worth our time and money, especially with the priceline deal.
The hotel was very beautiful, surrounded by mountains of snow. We only stayed one night, however, so I'm not sure how multiple nights would be.
Service was great for us. Staff was friendly and responsive. Rarely did we have to wait at the front desk. And when we did arrive at 5:30 pm for check-in we were greeted with yummy cookies!
We enjoyed Matty's restaurant at well, but it gets crowded around 7 pm. Service was good, despite very few waitstaff. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.
Definitely planning to return here soon!
Oh and don't forget to visit the hot springs crater across the street at Homestead!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Spent a weekend here this past weekend. Bellstaff and valet staff were super friendly - which made up for subpar and in different front desk staff. Rooms were ok - bit disappointed in a non flat screen TV in the rooms. Even Holiday Inn Express require flat screens in rooms. But location is amazibg and that is what matters. Also a great fitness center

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at the Zermatt for a business conference and the stay was great. The staff was very helpful and rooms were clean and fully featured. The only items on the room I would say that needs some change, is a real flat screen TV, it made the place look cheap, where it is clearly not. Also I would like to have some body wash soap. I had some with me, as I normally do, but I for some reason it gelled up. So it would have been nice to have some, and not use the bar soap.

For a business trip and conference it was good, for personal trip, such as for skiing, it would be ok. It is a little out of the way from Park City, but that reflects in the pricing. So if you can get a deal and don't mind the drive, it should work great.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building. Lucky for us, we had that, but we did not know there was a difference. Wh...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Spent the weekend at the Zermatt for a get away. Only 45 minutes from Salt Lake but a world away from the hustle and bustle. Nicely appointed rooms, desk staff efficient and friendly. Mostly should have a car if you need to go skiing or shopping. Park City only 15-20 minutes from Zermatt. Go to the Mexican restaurant call Taramahara in east midway for some really good south of the border food but there more often than not there is a line to get in the place. Go next door to the Mexican bakery afterwards for desert.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The indoor/outdoor pool was awesome. The hot tub with waterfall was amazing. I loved the FREE 10 am Yoga class. The instructor was great and they had all the equipment. The breakfast at Matty's Restaurant was delicious.

Room Tip: from what we can tell all the rooms were great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here for a business conference, which was great. The room was top notch, the spa pretty good, and the place had great amenities. The restart was overwhelmed by all the guests so it took a long time to eat butt he food was good. The problem was the ability to handle a large business conference, they had lousy wi-fi, and a business center that is closed over the weekend. I continued my business trip to another nearby town. Sadly I left one whole drawer of clothes at the resort. I called only an hour or so after I had left. Long story short it took FIVE DAYS to get my clothes to me, even though I was willing to pay to have them overnighted. They even had a shuttle that went only blocks away from my next locale. The manager acted as though I was from mars, as I had called during the week to have them sent to me but never got a tracking number. By Saturday I was simply trying to track the package and all I got was that the business office was locked, run by one person, and they were unwilling to reach her at home. By Tuesday I had my clothes ( I was re-wearing all I had with me) and to their credit they did not charge me for the shipping. Seriously? A business center run by one person and th manager doesn't have a key?

Room Tip: Rooms vary widely. I had a king on an upper floor and it was great. Spa service is good, but oddly n...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection
Newpark Resort & Hotel
Newpark Resort & Hotel
#11 of 60 in Park City

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!