“A very pleasant experience”

Canyonlands Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed in Canyonlands Motor Inn for four days: from May 7 till May 11. I went for a short hiking vacation in Canyonlands. I decided against lodging in Moab (price) so Monticello was a logical place to stay.
I must say I was very pleased with this place. The room had everything I wanted: it was clean and functional. It has refrigerator, microwave, bathroom and great acclimatization. It also had something many motels and hotels I stayed in were lacking: enough electrical outlets, to charge plenty of electronic gadgets, The WiFi worked great. I did not need a swimming pool, exercise room, in-room service, restaurant, etc.

This is a family owned motel, with very friendly owners. I will try to stay there again during my next trip to Canyonlands.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Henryk H

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Old and musty, charmless and drab. Overpriced. Wifi did not work, and there are no phones in the room. AT&T doesn't cover the area, which isn't the motel's fault, obviously, but that wouldn't have been a problem if phones or wifi -BASIC amenities- had been provided. I'd rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: choose another place to stay
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here based on previous reviews, which were not exactly accurate. Our room had a horrible musty smell. The mattress was old and saggy, they might as well have not put pillows on the bed, as there was nothing to them. The room was in dire need of an upgrade. It had a fridge and microwave which were not needed, but no coffee pot. The lobby wasn't open in the morning (6:30 am) to check out. Overall, it was the worst hotel stay in our eleven nights on our trip across the country.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Not the best place I have ever stayed but MOAB hotels way overpriced. The room at Canyonland Motor Inn was clean except for the sink which the housekeeper forgot to wipe down after spraying with a cleaner so..I wiped it down. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows and sheets clean and fresh. The ice machine did not work and was empty, in the morning there was no hot water so we were glad to have taken a hot shower upon our arrival from Arches National Monument. For the price...we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Unlike the chain motels, the owners are very personable and conscientious. The room was clean, comfortable and reasonable priced. My wife and I have stayed here on five different occasions as it is about half way between where we live in Arizona and Salt Lake City where our son has recently moved to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TillmanMcDaniel
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Nice room, large for the price, very comfortable, very well maintained, really friendly and helpful owner. What's not to like? Monticello is one of the nicest towns in eastern Utah, and this was certainly a nice hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a place to recommend, very quiet ,very central, very clean and refurbished. Cosy. The pricing is very reasonable, you will have an excellent value for money perhasps the best in the whole town; we were arrived by night and we tried four of the hotels before to settle for that one.
But the main thing is the exceptional kindness of the staff. Our youngest boy did forget his teddy bear(well it was a teddy rabbit to be very precise) in the bedroom and the staff managed to send it back to our location on the eastern coast, without even accepting a reward. You can trust them! As a european diplomat, I am quite used to travel and was fully satisfied.

Room Tip: choose rooms in the building behind the receptrion which is the more quiet place and go for the seco...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
The Monticello Inn
#1 of 7 in Blanding
Four Corners Inn
Four Corners Inn
#6 of 7 in Blanding

Been to Canyonlands Motor Inn? Share your experiences!