We stayed here one night in May 2012. Had a ground floor "superior view room". This was the most expensive place we stayed in our two weeks plus of Northern Arizona, Colorado and Utah and you are clearly paying for the location, not the amenities. Though a nice enough hotel, if you are staying the night in MV, and the rates are less at Goldings, Goldings could be just as good a place to stay.
The only reason I can think of that would make the View worthwhile is if you absolutely must be at that spot for the golden hour in the am or for night shots to take pictures. It's pretty nice to take shots from the patio in your jammies.
Otherwise, you can drive up to the View (paying your Navajo entrance fee) and enjoy the daytime or evening view from the very large patio and viewing areas at the hotel.
Our room had 2 queen beds, very comfortable. The hairdryer kept shorting out until we cleaned all the lint and hair from it. The patio screen was off its track, and no matter what we did, it kept falling out, which made going in and out a challenge. The place was spotlessly clean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View is the only hotel inside the Monument Valley Tribal Park. Every guestroom has a private balcony with a view of the iconic formations of Monument Valley - so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch The Mittens! Guestrooms feature flat screen TVs, coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless Internet. Enjoy the panorama of Monument Valley while dining in The View restaurant with views to the rising sun and the sunset as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your The View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Hotel Monument Valley
- The View Hotel Monument Valley, Utah