“Nice place to eat after going through the tunnel”

Thunderbird Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good food, excellent waitress. Ate there around 10 in the morning and although they were busy, service was fairly quick. Food was delivered hot and as ordered.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The food was fine. Good, yummy, filling, etc. Waiter was attentive. No complaints.

The real review is about pie. Chocolate pie, to be exact. My daughters are allergic to nuts and can NEVER have desert in public - NEVER. But, at the Thunderbird, they make all their pies from scratch. They are truly ho-made, not produced in some factory where there are nuts everywhere and no one can promise that a tiny piece of one did not make it into your non-nutty pie. So, my daughters had chocolate pie. And LOVED that chocolate pie, just loved it.

And husband had rhubarb pie - something he loves but can't get in the south - too hot for rhubarb to grow. He was a happy camper, too.

Thank you, Thunderbird!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

At the end of our week in Utah, we had logged 700 miles of National Park roads on motorcycles. Zion was our last stop, and on our way back to Cedar City we stopped here for lunch. What a nice surprise. Beautiful, historic property (the entertaining story behind "Ho-made pies" is on each placemat thankfully), and excellent food/drink/service. We were fully restored for the final leg of our trip. Would definitely return to try breakfast or dinner next time.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I always stay at the best western east zion thunderbird in when visiting this part of Utah national parks. The resteraunt is a must eat at in this little town. Ed is the most friendly guy you willed ever meet. He runs the resteraunt and will be the best atv guide around.....but I digress...back to the food. Its Great. So clean. A fun mix of home cooking and touresty flair.
DO NOT DRIVE BY WITHOUT HAVING SOME OF THEIR PIE> IT IS THE BEST.

On my atv trip, my friend crashed his atv the first 5 minutes into our vacation going on an ambulance ride so I could not ride (i dont ride alone for safety) while eating breakfast Ed (runseraunt) sat down to see how our ride went. When he learned of the accident and that I had come all that way to ride and I couldnt.....he told me to get my gear and he would take me out for a ride. It was so unexpected. He salvaged my trip.

**THANKS ED FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GIVE THE ATV RIDE AFTER MY FRIEND CRASHED HIS ATV.

Food is fantastic!
Service is Fantastic
Just a nice guy!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stop here for lunch . We where seated and given water and they took our order . And that was the last we saw of anybody for a long time .After about 15 minutes later a large group from a bus came in .
Then in about 15 minutes more we were told they where going to serve them first . We had been in the Restaurant a less 15 minutes and give our order . Then they brought just one half of our order and thought it was funny . It this point we just got up and left .
PLEASE never stop and this place .