“Okay, but many things to improve”

BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Carmel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Okay, but many things to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Both pools out of service, wifi not working properly. Frontdesk promised tech-guy would call me with 45 to 60 minutes to solve this, that never happened. No breakfast included. Construction going on and even during the night large floodlights pointed to the rooms on the construction site we're not switched off, why?

Positive: reception has nice decor. Not too expensive, nice jumpstart for Zion. Subways around the corner for a quick bite, also petrol and a restaurant with simple but ok burgers available on site. Not as noisy as many other BW's.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
The Pool opens June 1st, 2014

Best Western required our pool construction be started by a certain date and the contractors are doing their best. The hotel desk would have told you that the pool opens June st 2014. I don't see how anyone could have fixed this soon for you during your stay. Your message is confusing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Hurley, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If planning to be between National Parks in this region of the country, this place is reasonable for the price. Room is large and clean. Bathtub is not usable; essentially a shower floor with a short depth (may be okay for little children). Shower was usable, but weak. Small fridge, microwave, K-cup Kureg coffeemaker in room. Staff was very pleasant. Restaurant is fair at best. Nice little gift shop.

Room Tip: Did not see fitness center, just not able to easily uncheck. Maybe I need education or Tripadvisor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
You got one of our two small rooms. My Grandma many years ago had to add a laundry room and to do so she had to make those 2 rooms the size of normal motel rooms and for some reason she put in shower like tubs.
Applegate, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel in a beautiful setting. It's about 45 minutes from Zion National Park and 90 minutes from Bryce Canyon. It's a much quieter location than Springdale (at the gate of Zion), and you get to drive through the beautiful east side of Zion to get into Zion Canyon. We stayed four days and visited both Bryce and Zion from this hotel. We couldn't imagine a better place to stay for visiting both parks.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really like this side of the part better too. The south side is so hectic and everything I don't go on vacation for. It's about 45 minutes to the Visitor Center, but only 12 miles to Zion's East Gate , and that is all highway miles. It takes me about 12 minutes.

Tanya Milligan
Author: Favorites hikes in and around Zion National Park
walnut creek, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

A nicely decorated and comfortable hotel; staff was friendly and helpful. We chose it due to its proximity to Bryce and Zion national parks. It worked out well for us and we would definitely stay at this place again.

1 Thank Quan H
Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I love this location as well. There is no place I would rather be and I am an avid hiker

Author: Favorite hikes in and around Zion National Park
Wapakoneta, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was supposed to come with a microwave but wasn't in the room. Didn't get any conditioner only shampoo, two face soaps and lotion. Decent for the cheap rate. I would rather driver further and stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Kanab with good WiFi, free big breakfast, and updated decoration.

• Stayed May 2014
Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
The pool opens June 1st. Your information is inaccurate.
Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was happy we chose this hotel because we all play golf. That really made it for me. I come from Las Vegas where golf is plentiful, however the unrestricted, leisurely attitude of those that run the course was very nice. The course is not over crowded and I felt that if I wanted to play a hole again, I could, and no one would even think twice about it. Also, they have direct tv in the hotel rooms. I have Direct Tv at home. Usually when I go out of town I never know the channels. When I saw they had direct tv, I immediately put it on 218 (the golf channel) and felt like I was at home. Also, they have a Kerig coffee maker in the room which was nice. Also, I could chip golf balls from my room. The golf course grass runs right up to two of the buildings on the property. This is not a luxury resort, but I'm not hard to impress, I was happy with my stay and felt the $100 a night fee was appropriate. There is a pool, but right now the pool is under construction and closed. We found out about that when we arrived and my 7 year old daughter was disappointed. O well, she'll live. Ha Ha.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Golf galore! I am thrilled you enjoy all our golf related activities! Thank you for your review!
Templeton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was a nice hotel, near the park. We had to wait a little while to get into our room, but once we were in it was nice. The room was clean and parking was right outside our door. We ate breakfast in the restaurant (not included in our rate) and it was very good. The staff were all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I hope you wait was not after checkin time. That would have been inexcusable. Thanks for your receive.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Carmel
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
#3 of 16 in Springdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,770 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge? Share your experiences!