We found this place on a whim and were a bit worried that it was going to disappoint because the price was much lower than other places we looked at. We had never been out to this area and were not sure what to expect. We drove from Vegas and got here about 10 p.m. very tired. We felt very welcomed, even later at night. Our room was the farthest out from the lobby/restaurant area right on the end. We had golf course on three sides! We were so impressed with our room - huge, clean, had everything we needed, including a fridge and coffee maker. The furniture, which is made of rustic wood was very nice. There was a sliding glass door that opened out to a small patio area overlooking the golf course. After 4 nights in Vegas, it was so refreshingly quiet. We went outside and saw lots of start and just appreciated the stillness. This hotel is perfect for traveling to the parks. Our first day we went to Zion and hiked a lot. The Jacuzzi back at the hotel was perfect for relaxing after a strenuous day. The second day we went to Bryce and again, were happy to come back and relax at the hotel. We ate breakfast and one dinner at the restaurant on site. The food was just okay, but I did have a slice of coconut cream pie and that was wonderful! It was so nice to have a gas station and convenience store on site as well - we picked up snacks for hiking and lunch one day. On the last day, after check-out, we headed to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon - a bit far for a day trip from here, but it was great launching off spot. I was so happy we chose to stay here - it worked out just perfectly and I would highly recommend it if anyone is looking to visit these parks and if we get back to this area, we will certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park lodging at its best! The BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge offers a refreshing pool, hot tub, 9 hole golf course and free club rentals. Our rooms are 100% smoke free, 100% pet free, with balcony views and patios that overlook the beautiful mountains and lush green golf course, DirecTV. In-room coffee and tea, guest laundry facilities, direct dial in-room phones, free local and 1-800 calls, internet connections, AAA, AARP. We are located 12 miles from the east entrance to Zion National Park, 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, 85 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 45 miles from Cedar Breaks National Monument, and 12 miles from the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Hotel Mount Carmel
- Best Western Mount Carmel
- East Zion Thunderbird Hotel
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge Mount Carmel, Utah