“Great value + nice room”
Review of Golden Hills Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Carmel
Golden Hills Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mount Carmel
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We would never have considered this place were it not for the TA reviews. We were very pleasantly surprised. It is an older hotel but they included a lot of amenities and it was very clean. No breakfast but there's a little diner right next door. The owner was pleasant and the price was much lower than the big motel across the street.

This is a great gateway to the East Gate of Zion. If you plan to drive the Mt Carmel - Zion Hwy, think about stopping just before the tunnel to hike the Canyon Overlook Trail. Once you pass thru the tunnel, it's a pain to get back there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Sweet owner who showed us to our room and made sure everything worked. Really loved the small details in the room, like the small fireplace and the heat lamp in the washroom! What a find in this somewhat remote part of the highway and so conveniently close to Zion. The pricing was amazing too at $46 per night and this is their peak season price. Definitely recommended!!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank asdf154913
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I came up from the Grand Canyon North Rim on the way to Bryce Canyon and the motel sits just where the highway branches off towards Zion National Park. It was about to get dark when I pulled in, thinking I might just see at what price I could stay for a night. I never turned on the ignition again that day. They offered an absolute steal and within under 10 minutes I found myself in a clean and spacious room just like you'd expect from a motel. The next day I continued onwards to Zion and I was glad I had added that park to my itinerary after having talked to the owner about sights to see nearby upon check-in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

An older property and a little rough around the edges, but we found this motel to be a very comfortable place to stay and an excellent value. The room was clean and had all the basic amenities. It even had flat screen TV. The rate was very reasonable considering the location. The motel restaurant leans heavily on the tour bus trade, but does provides good diner-type food. Because of its central location and price, we were able to use the Golden Hills as a home base and visit Bryce Canyon, Zion Park, and Grand Canyon on day trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We pre-booked this very nice motel which was located in the vicinity of Zion National Park. Our room was a very nice, comfortable beds, clean, had a fridge and the owner permitted us to do our laundry. Although it is located right on the main street, it was very quiet and it had a nice restaurant attached to it at which we had dinner twice during our stay. The restaurant even provided ice to the Motel guests which was a nice added feature. We certainly have no hesitation in recommending this place, but suggest that you make a reservation well in advance as it was full of guests. We certainly would stay there agian.

Room Tip: No need to check the room in advance to staying for an indefinite time.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

this motel could be an excellent place to stay if the owner got his finger out and cleaned up the frontage,many people must take one look and drive on past which is a shame as the rooms are ok if a little shabby.the beds are comfortable and there are two restaurants within walking distance.
the price is cheap but most people would rather pay a little more and get something that doesn't need some much tlc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this motel back in 1st weekend in August on August 2nd. This is a classic "dont judge a book by the cover" story. The outside appearance is a little scary with lights out on the sign and the age of the property. Here is the 4 star part- the inside room was very clean and the bedding-mattress/comforter/sheets were all top shelf and very comfortable. The mattress was a pillowtop type mattress which you dont normally find in roadside motels. They have gone to great lengths to fix up these rooms and make them very "homey" and comfortable. The service I got from the staff was great as well as they helped me with an issue I had with the cable box in the room. I will stay there again when I go to visit Zion National Park.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
#4 of 16 in Springdale
Zion Lodge
Zion Lodge
#1 of 1 in Zion National Park

Been to Golden Hills Motel? Share your experiences!