“Internet Unusable”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
sacramento,ca
“Internet Unusable”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

55 dollars for a queen is not too bad. Room was clean, location convenient next to highway, and there is even a view of the mountains.

Downsides:
- SERIOUSLY slow internet. It was unusable for my entire stay.
- There does not seem to be anything in this town worth checking out.

Tip: check out the motel 9 (or something?) across the street. It has better rates, and on the outside does not look very bad.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
jumomof3
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed here based on our great experience with another super 8 on our road trip. This room was even larger than the previous one, but the heat was sweltering! The Indian owners didn't have the a/c running in our room or the stairway up to our 2nd story (no elevator!) room #205. The smell of curry in the lobby mixed with the heat would have been enough to make us move on if we weren't so tired and if the room layout hadn't been this perfect! Don't count the continental breakfast as a plus when evaluating because it was minimal and disgusting! My husband even thinks the applejuice made him sick (no one else tried anything and we headed to a local restaurant instead!) IFFF you decide to stay in the summer, make sure you call ahead and insist they start the air before you check in and plan on eating out for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jumomof3
Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Wasn't so bad that the wifi didn't work and she/owner should have warned me but when I told her I'd like a different room with a working wifi, she looked shocked. Said I should have asked her on check-in if the wifi was working. Now she wanted an additional $3 and we had to move to another room. I guess I should have given her a list when I checked in.
This way customers would know which things in the room will work properly. This is her logic .... "we" should ask the right questions if we expect things to work.

Second room was a small double bed .... this stay was a joke .... won't see me again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Nephi hotels

Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2008

We were a little concerned after reading the reviews below but we were pleasantly surprised... the owner was polite, and while the lobby did have the scent of curry, the room we were given was great. The bedding was clean, the bathroom was sparkling; there was nothing to complain about. They may have cleaned up their act after seeing the reviews below?

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank sig225
Calgary
Reviewed 11 March 2008

My boyfriend and I stopped here one night on our way to Las Vegas. We had been staying at Best Western and Days Inn etc on our way, and we figured this would be similar. Plus, the view of the mountains was gorgeous. Honestly, we would have been better off sleeping in the car. The room was tiny and grimy, and the bathroom reminded me of a gas station restroom. I was not expecting a stellar room, but the whole place just felt filthy. If you can stay somewhere else while passing through or visiting Nephi, do it!

• Liked — The view of the mountains; checking out and leaving.
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything else.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Glendo
Reviewed 23 April 2007

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! The owners are from India (or somewhere in that area) and are extremely rude. Our room was disgusting. The shower was not clean. The sheets were also dirty and the floor was not vacumed. I would not recommend staying here.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude and dirty
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank amandameredith83
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2004

Last summmer on our way home from Montana we (my husband & myself) decided to stop for the night in Nephi. All of the motels in the area were full except for an almost empty lot at the Super 8 right off the highway. After checking in & settling in my husband set the credit card reciept on the table & upon looking at it I noticed it read almost $110.00 with our VIP card for 1 double bed for 2 persons .Surely this must be wrong I said & went over to the notice on the door where it tells you the prime rate. It said the highest price for the room should be about $70.00. My husband called the office & was told that we got the best they could offer (the VIP card rate) because there was a rodeo in town, but get this there were only 3 other cars in the lot. We asked for a refund & were refused so we ended up staying the night. Upon our arrival at home I emailed the Super 8 help line & was informed that Super 8's are individually privately owned & the owners can pretty much do as they please. We travel often on the same path but I guarantee we will never stay at this motel again.

25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nephi
National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
Economy Inn & Suites
Economy Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Nephi
Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi

Been to Super 8 Nephi? Share your experiences!