“Keep coming back”

Economy Inn & Suites
Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have family in the Nephi area and travel from New York State once or twice a year. This little hotel was a great find, easy access from the interstate and back to area main roads. It is clean, comfy, and economical. The desk staff is very friendly and supportive. Cleaning staff very good and quick to supply extra pillow, towels, whatever you need. I have stayed several times over the past few years and am booked for this month. It is my little home away from home. Not a problem for me, but I would not recommend it for day sleepers as the tire company next door gets busy during the daytime.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda C
There are newer reviews for Economy Inn & Suites

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband & I had checked in after a long day of driving from Montana & when it came time to go to sleep, the ice machine across the hall was so loud, could hear the whistle from the water filling it, & all the noise from the machine itself, I couldn't sleep. I rang the desk clerk to complain, and asked him if I could change rooms, & his response was that I would have to pay for another room. I have worked in the hotel industry for years & have never treated a customer that way. There was 5 cars in the parking lot, so there should have been a room available. The room itself was dusty upon check in, & we found an empty cup with a used nasal strip beside it. Ewww. It was a non smoking room with cigarette burns all over the place. The beds were hard, & if we weren't so tired, we would have left immediately. I do NOT want anyone else to have the torment that we endured. Pass this hotel, & stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Denise F
super8nephi, General Manager at Economy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the last general manager not giving you a differnt room to stay in because of the problems you had. We also apologize for our maids not cleaning the room and picking up the trash that was left by the last customer. The ice machine had some problems and we have fixed it. We are very sorry for the problems that occured while your stay at our motel.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I pulled into the Economy Lodge on our way home from a 3700 mile road trip. It was recommended by the gas station next door so we felt safe. We did ask to see a room and it looked ok. After registering at the front desk, we realized they had no air conditioning in the hallways. The carpets in the hallways are well worn. They did however have a nice large indoor pool which we took advantage of. The surroundings of the pool were not clean. We also noticed that it looked like quite a few of the screens on the outside windows were partially pryed off. When I went to ask the woman at the front desk for quarters to do wash. She informed me that they do not have quarters and I would have to go back to the gas station and ask for some. In fact, she stated that the people running the gas station would not mind at all. When I went over and asked for quarters and explained the situation, they were more than a little perturbed. Only the second floor has 1 washer and dryer. Their ice machine up there had an out of order sign on it that looked like it had been there for quite some time. Went to crawl into bed and noticed that the bottom fitted sheet did not fit. It was barely over the corners. I went again to the front desk and explained the situation. She handed me a new king size fitted sheet and never once offered to come and fix it. So needless to say, my husband and I needed to remake the bed. When we took it all apart, we noticed that the box springs were holey and filthy.
When we went to check out in the morning, I explained the situation with the sheets and asked for a discount. He immediately followed me, along with 2 housekeepers, to the room. It was discovered that the original sheet had been put on the bed incorrectly when it was made, but it was the correct size. Therefore, we were not entitled to any type of discount. I have nevere encountered this type of poor service in all of the traveleing we have done.
The bed and pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. I believe this could b a very nice place if it was updated and kept clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daphne090
Reviewed 30 June 2008

When booking a hotel named "Economy Lodge", I thought it would be cheaper. However, on June 28, 2008 I was charged $71.01. For such a small town, I would have expected a lower "economical" price.

The hotel is a large box hotel, with entrances on both ends and the room access is through hallways on the interior. There is an indoor pool and hot tub at the end of the building. I had a room on the second floor, and it included a sofa and a table. The room was larger than I had expected for "economy".

The room was clean. The shower worked well. The highway was within view of my room, but I could not hear any road noise. There was a nice refrigerator in the room. The air conditioning worked great.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the hotel. However, they should re-name it, because the price isn't more "economical" than comparable motels. Perhaps it should be "Same Price as Chain Motels" Inn.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Outdoorpartner
Reviewed 1 September 2007

Rooms ok but breakfast was disappointing. Nice indoor pool and spa however. Good value IF a $49 token room is obtained otherwise overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Stvjyn
Reviewed 28 September 2005

I guess the word is "economy" but the towels were threadbare, the pillows were awful and the notices on the mirror on the wall weren't very friendly. I understand checkout is at 11 "NO EXCEPTIONS"...and I wouldn't plan on smoking in a non smoking room even with the nasty reminder that I would be charged extra if I did.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank Stephen P
A TripAdvisor Member
Caldwell, Idaho
Reviewed 31 March 2005

Stayed in March 2005. This is probably the cleanest motel we have ever visited! Service was quick and friendly. Room was comfortable and affordable, and quiet! Restaurants nearby, and easy access off the interstate.

Hot coffee, juices, muffins, toast etc all ready at 6AM.

Will definitely stay there again when in that area.

• Stayed: January 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nephi
National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi
Super 8 Nephi
Super 8 Nephi
#4 of 6 in Nephi

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!