“Expensive Average”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Expensive Average”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in so late it was early. Desk employee answered promptly and was civil. Would not honor online coupon or give me a price break. So we had average room at Marriott price. Towels are small, thin, and obviously cheap. Sheets are good quality, but pillows just average. Blanket and bedspread are 1991 style and condition. Does provide working Wi-Fi and a small fridge. Shower was clean and plenty of hot water. Overall advice: when passing thru Nephi - if you are too tired to drive safely - this hotel is better than a car accident.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Indio, California, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was tempted to give this place a terrible or poor rating, but it was clean, quiet and reasonably priced. It was also right off the 15 and easy to find. On the other hand, we had no hot water, so we shivered through a quick, cold shower. The breakfast was very disappointing. The sign said breakfast was available between 6 and 9:30 am, but I was there at 6:55 and nothing was available. The "hot" water for my tea was tepid, there was no waffle batter in the batter dispenser, and the coffee was terrible. When we left at 8:00 am, the breakfast was finally available, but still not very impressive. The room was a good size, but there was no microwave or fridge. I did not receive the warm fuzzies from the staff, as some other reviewers indicated. I would not recommend this place, because there are other motels in Nephi. I would only stay there again if it was the only place available.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eileen H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The location was convenient.Was great place to stay, Staff very friendly and helpful.I felt I really got a great deal.The kids really enjoyed the pool.Overall hotel was nice,clean and quite.We will absolute come back in future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Travelling back from Arizona to Calgary, I found this hotel a great stopping point after a 1000 km drive. The hotel is easy to find, just off Exit 225 on I-15. It's well managed with large rooms that included a table and a fridge. It is super clean and the staff are warm and inviting (it helps if you know something about the Punjab so you could connect with the family who run it).

There is a minimalist breakfast counter in the lobby if you want coffee and muffins or cinnamon buns. While it isn't in an exciting location, there is a Wendy's across the street as well as well-stocked convenience stores just a couple hundred metres away if you want to make your own breakfast or lunch

Room Tip: For Canadians travelling to or from Phoenix or Yuma, this stop means you've covered 40% of your...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
EconomyLodge123, Manager at Economy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for your response.
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My father and traveled here to hike Mt Nebo. The hotel was easy to find and right off of the interstate.

Staff was pleasant at check-in.

Room was clean. It was nice that there was both a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom small; but everything worked great.

For the cheap price - great find.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RLK655
Saranac, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have family in the Nephi area and travel from New York State once or twice a year. This little hotel was a great find, easy access from the interstate and back to area main roads. It is clean, comfy, and economical. The desk staff is very friendly and supportive. Cleaning staff very good and quick to supply extra pillow, towels, whatever you need. I have stayed several times over the past few years and am booked for this month. It is my little home away from home. Not a problem for me, but I would not recommend it for day sleepers as the tire company next door gets busy during the daytime.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda C
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband & I had checked in after a long day of driving from Montana & when it came time to go to sleep, the ice machine across the hall was so loud, could hear the whistle from the water filling it, & all the noise from the machine itself, I couldn't sleep. I rang the desk clerk to complain, and asked him if I could change rooms, & his response was that I would have to pay for another room. I have worked in the hotel industry for years & have never treated a customer that way. There was 5 cars in the parking lot, so there should have been a room available. The room itself was dusty upon check in, & we found an empty cup with a used nasal strip beside it. Ewww. It was a non smoking room with cigarette burns all over the place. The beds were hard, & if we weren't so tired, we would have left immediately. I do NOT want anyone else to have the torment that we endured. Pass this hotel, & stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Denise F
super8nephi, General Manager at Economy Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the last general manager not giving you a differnt room to stay in because of the problems you had. We also apologize for our maids not cleaning the room and picking up the trash that was left by the last customer. The ice machine had some problems and we have fixed it. We are very sorry for the problems that occured while your stay at our motel.

Travellers are raving about these Nephi hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nephi
National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi
Tintic Goldminers Inn
Tintic Goldminers Inn
#1 of 1 in Eureka

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!