“Worst hotel ever”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Agua Dulce, California
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

First of all my reservation was for a non smoking room. When I got there, the clerk tried to give me a smoking room. Good thing I had a print out of my reservation. When I got into the room the sheets were smelly, it seems that they had never washed the sheet for months. When I tried to complain about the sheet, the clerk told me they had no more sheets available. So we just put the sheets on the floor and slept on the bed without any sheets. Good thing I only had to stay one night. I have stayed at other MOTEL 6 and this is te worst one.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Josephine R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This place was very good for a mission trip. In the morning we used the loby for a group breakfast and it was over all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

I have generally been impressed with motel 6 at how the rooms look so nice while keeping the prices low. This one was smelly and noisy. Our room did not have any furniture except for a bed. The mattress is stiff and my back now hurts. The quilt looked about 50 years old. The towels were crusty and felt like sandpaper. it's a good thing I am only here for one night.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank khutchings85
Vacaville, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

When we arrived we came in about 11pm very tired. I have always had a great stay at motel 6, until this stay. The gentlemen at the desk was very pleasent but when I was told the price of the room I was shocked 60.00 a night. I told him I spoke with 18004motel6 and they told me 39.99 7.00 for the second adult. He told me they were aloud to make there own prices but would give me a 10% discout. Being so tired I decided to stay.

When I walked into the room it smelt so bad we couldn't even walk through the room. I went and told the gentlemen at the desk he came and said the room did have an oder and he'd give me another room.

The next room didn't smell as bad so we took it. When we started to get settled in I was going to take a shower and noticed that the bathroom was filthy. I was so upset the desk clerk said the cleaning crew thinks he's attacking them if he tells them about complaints. So off to the gas station where I purchased some air freashner and comet. It took me 45 mins to just clean the bathroom.

The next day the desk clerk shows us the pool and jacuzzi which I would have loved to have soaked in but it looked pretty dirty and there was a condom wrapper next to the jacuzzi. Later that day I walk by the bathroom and felt the carpet wet through my socks. I opened the door to find the bathroom flooded. I go tell the lady at the desk and she gives ME the towels to clean it up. Then does she take the heavy towels NO. I had to carry them to there laundry room. Later well within an hour the toilet floods. I go notify the lady at the desk. Thats when she notified me that they had problems in there but guess it wasn't fixed. She offered to move us to another room which I looked at and that room smelled real bad we stopped at the door. She gave me a plunger incase it happened again. I was so angry we told her how dirty the pool was that we even tried to clean it ourselves. We have no smoke detector just wires hanging. Her response call the owner and she gave me his number. After 3 calls I finally reach him told him the problem and gave me a partial refund which I thought was nice. Until that night when my bathroom floor was soaked again. I return to the counter and the gentlemen asked us to please shut off the valve to the toilet unless we needed to use it. I was so happy the day we left. I would NEVER EVER stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Cali2009
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

When on road trips with my two dogs, I often stay at Motel 6 because of their pet policy. When I got tired after 14 hours of driving and realized I didn't want to go to Salt Lake that night, I stopped at the Motel 6 in Nephi. The person at the desk was very pleasant, although he did charge an extra $5 per pet, which is not typical of any other Motel 6 I've stayed in. I didn't want to argue and it was only a total of $10, so I didn't say anything.

However, when I got to my room I was met with the worst odor ever! The room smelled so bad that I couldn't stand in there for even two minutes. It smelled like a dirty diaper mixed with a dead animal. I ran back to the front desk and asked for the room to be changed. When the desk person smelled the room he agreed that it was awful and changed my room, but that room also smelled unpleasant. It wasn't as bad as the room they initially gave me so I decided to just deal with it. I was told later by the hotel staff that something had died in the air conditioner. The whole hallway smelled terrible. Also, when I was taken to my new room, it wasn't clean yet and I had to wait for the housekeepers to clean it. This was at 5 p.m., and checkout is at 11 a.m!

Besides all that, I noticed that the ice machine didn't work, the bathroom was dirty, and it only came with one soap bar and one towel. I've been to plenty of Motel 6 locations where the rooms were clean, the bathroom had a few soaps as well as shampoo and lotion, and had plenty of towels. Overall I was really grossed out by the whole experience. That horrible smell stayed in my nose the entire next day. The desk person was pleasant, but it is really obvious that this Motel 6 location is struggling. I would avoid it unless you have no other choice.

• Liked — it was right off the interstate and easy to get to when I got too tired to drive anymore
  • Disliked — the dirty room, the horrible smell in the hallway that wouldn't go away
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank desertrosie
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2007

I like Motel 6 because they welcome a pet free of charge. In fact, the night before I stayed here, I stayed at a Motel 6 in Reno and the
front desk person commented on how so many of their guests specifically choose this chain because of this policy.

I arrived at the Nephi Motel 6 after calling them that AM. They quoted me a price of 54.00. When I pulled in, the sign read "49.00 one person". I was a solo traveler and asked why I was quoted something higher. The front desk person was hard to understand but I think he said that the sign was a "special rate."???? Then he proceeded to tell me he was charging 5.00 for my dog. I said that Motel 6 never charges for pets, that I have stayed at their chain all
over the USA and have never been charged. He said that's not true, Motel 6 lets owners decide.

So I pulled out a 2007 Motel 6 directory and showed him the pet policy page, including the text that said pet fees applied to the Motel 6 SUITES hotels (bigger, extended stay version).

The owner angrily removed the extra pet fee but refused to give me the rate shown on the sign, and I was tired after driving for 12 hours, so I stayed.

The motel is very noisy. The walls are thin and in the morning, people were leaving at 5 AM out in the hall, talking, and it sounded like they were in my room. You are also right alongside an exit ramp to I-15, so the sound of big rigs braking, accelerating, etc. is all you hear at all times.

I have to say, I was very disappointed in this Motel 6 and would recommend people go elsewhere in Nephi.

• Liked — Not much. The hot tub was indoors and okay clean-wise
  • Disliked — The dishonest owner. The non-stop noise. Bed uncomfortable
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo