“Not the best option in Nephi, Utah” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo

National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not the best option in Nephi, Utah”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Let me say first, that should the Best Western in Nephi recommend the National 9 to you because the Best Western is full.....DON'T DO IT. They are owned by the same company. I was on my way home from Gunnison to Salt Lake City, it was midnight, and I was exhausted. Decided to stop in Nephi and get a room. They have half a dozen options, none too fancy or reputable. I called the Best Western because they had the best reviews on Google maps, but they were booked up. The guy on the phone said try the National 9 I think they have availability. I was across the street in the parking lot of the Motel 6, and I'm not sure that would have been a better option, but I don't know how it could have been worse than he National 9. The place is not very nice. Let's see. The room door wouldn't close unless you slammed it, it's like it was not aligned properly. The bathroom door was the same way. Beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. Thin blankets. They are pet friendly if you need that, but it's $10 extra per night. the furniture in the room, the finish was peeling. All in all the place was kind of a dump. And all this for a modest $69 a night. WHAT??? I should have walked out, the Motel 6 was only $49 a night, but I was tired and didn't want to haggle or drive back across the street. Supposedly they had free breakfast in the morning, but I was afraid of catching an infectious disease so I decided to drive on to Spanish Fork and get something at a restaurant instead. The moral of the story is this....If you can in any way keep driving, then do so and stay someplace better. BUT, if you have to stay at a hotel in Nephi, I would not recommend the National 9.

Room Tip: a tip for weary traveler's....DON'T STAY HERE
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ielmy
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear ielmy,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We apologize for your door not closing properly and your unsatisfactory stay. We assure you that we offer a good Continental Breakfast that includes Hot and Cold Cereal, several varieties of Fruit, Hot Waffles, and Pastries. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay. We hope we can earn your business in the future.

R. Howell - Regional Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you're looking for a clean, convenient place to rest your head for the night that offers a free breakfast & a pool/hot tub National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo in Nephi, Utah is your place. Our room was clean, had a flat screen t.v., microwave, refrigerator, & free wi-fi - what else do you need??

The office personnel were just wonderful! All of them were very friendly & efficient. The day that we checked in was raining & the manager allowed us to park our motorcycles under the overhang near the lobby so they did not get poured on. The next morning after we ate a breakfast of waffles, yogurt, bagels & cereal, we proceeded to get on our bikes to leave for Bryce Canyon & found out one of our motorcycles had a dead battery. We had brought a charger with us in case this happened & asked the manager if she had an extension cord we could use to put the charger on & charge the battery. She sent her office personnel to the maintenance room to get an extension cord, turned on the electricity to the outside pillar that also powered their motel sign (which she had turned off for the day), & told us we were welcome to come back into the lobby to wait & have more breakfast if we wanted.

What great customer service!!! The manager went above & beyond to help us out with our dead battery & was totally pleasant the entire time - just what we needed during a very stressful situation. I would highly recommend this motel!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear KMLindell,
Thank you very much for your review on your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had received excellent customer service to make sure all of your needs were met to ensure a comfortable and stress free stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Thank you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Grabbed this hotel on our way to SLC using Hotwire. The staff was very pleasant and the room was adequate for our needs. The owner lives on site and was very accommodating and inviting, offering to tend to any of our needs. Make sure to grab breakfast on your way out.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Googol323,
Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of your needs were taken care of by our staff. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable and we are glad you felt that way during your stay. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Thank you again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel based on reviews. We did not find a king-size room for $60, we got a double queen for $69. Someone said it was clean. Ha! They were mouse or pigeon droppings on the stained-carpeted stairs on the way up to our room, which was number 35. Try to avoid this room. It has ill-fitting drapes that are gaping at the top in some spots. The floor in front of the sink creaks badly and moves, feeling like it is about to cave in. It must really bother the people below. The molding is coming off the bottom of the bathtub and the floor of the tub is badly stained. There's also a large bleach stain on the carpet just outside the bathroom. The rest of the carpet is just dirty-looking. There's a table with two chairs both of which have badly stained fabric on the seats. The beds seemed clean but a bit saggy. If this is #2 in Nephi, I wonder what the rest are like.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kalolaelan
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Kalolaelan,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and please allow me to apologize for the condition of your room. As I am writing this letter I have asked one of our regional managers to go by the property and inspect this room and see why it was presented to you in the condition that you mentioned. I would like to discuss this review further with you so if you have a spare moment if you would call me at 801-208-0539 or you can email me at National9@Gmail.com. I would like to find out more information about this as well as what my staff did to try and resolve the situation with you. Again I am truly sorry and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely, Kevin Howell - Owner

Travellers are raving about these Nephi hotels

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We got a nice clean king room at a good price around $60.00. It took a while for the hot water to reach our room but it did make it. Our room was quiet and comfortable.
The restaurant next door sucked.
The lady at the front desk was very nice, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear EKG777,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your King room and found it clean, quiet, and comfortable. We always aim to provide each guest comfortable rooms and great customer service. We appreciate and look forward to your future business.

Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

After being relocated to the Nephi area for a temporary work assignment, I needed a place to stay that would welcome my dog (Miniature Schnauzer). I found the National 9 Inn and upon my arrival was greeted by the very friendly and professional staff. I was promptly given a simple yet comfortable room which included a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a flat-panel TV. Everyone from the management team to the maintenance guy were great. My room was always cleaned efficiently and they provided everything that I needed. There is a continental breakfast offered in the lobby with a selection of juices, pastries etc. and an excellent restaurant located just across the parking lot. If you are passing thru Nephi the National 9 Inn is a great choice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear MeluBuceando,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the amenities we provide for our guests fit your needs. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future to stay with us again. Thank you again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Great price for these rooms, they're comfortable and clean. Service at the front desk is very friendly and accommodating. My only small gripe is the temperature in the shower tends to fluctuate. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Herbleblerble,
Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay with us. We strive to provide each guest great customer service and clean and comfortable rooms. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.