“It was a good lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

JC Mickelson's
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Nephi
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: JC Mickelson's has become a bit of a staple amongst those in Nephi, Utah. Between our unique train display, genuinely exceptional service, and of course our delicious food, we have become a place that locals love and those travelling through make sure to stop in for a meal. We invite you to stop by check out our trains and have a delicious meal all in a family atmosphere. Ever since the beginning, JC Mickelson's has adhered to the mission of providing our guests with food and service of the highest quality, the greatest possible value, and making the event and enjoyable dining experience. We also pride ourselves in providing good jobs, working conditions, and benefits for our employees.
Prescott, Arizona
“It was a good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I agree with other posters, the place is tired looking...the model trains are interesting, buy INHO a little over done. I must say, the service was excellent and the food was very good with very fair prices. I used the restroom and it was okay.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bruce H

Cedar City, Utah
“Dirty!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Walked in with my family and the front entrance looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Inside looked dirty too. We walked out.

“Cares more about the trains is say”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

First things first went to the restroom to wash my hands. The restroom was disgusting poop all over the toilets , toilet paper all over the floor no paper towels to dry your hands or toilet protectors they were empty. The floor looked like it had not been mopped in years. Told the waitress her response I'll tell them lol. Ohh my goodness the thought went thru my head if I didn't have a paper towel to dry my hands what where they using who we're cooking my food. I should have left then and there my husband had the chicken fried steak it was the worst he ever had and the price 11.00 wow. We stopped after seeing the billboards on the way to Nephi. I had a burger it was ok for a burger but nothing to rave about. Last time we were in a Nephi we went to Lisa's country kitchen it was by far way better we will go there next time. don't trust the billboards you see on the freeway go elsewhere.

2 Thank Kelli H
Bakersfield, California
“Tesla Supercharger Stop-Off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I don't own a Tesla, but I did notice that they had room to charge about six to eight of them. This isn't a bad place to stop and I thought it was a relatively cute place. I was there with my sister and our meals were tasty. I ordered a french dip with a cup of chicken and rice soup. I thought the soup needed more rice. Other than that, the soup was good. The french dip was pretty awesome. My sister had ordered a steak and a side salad; she asked for the steak to be cooked medium. It came out somewhere between medium well and well done. There wasn't any pink inside that steak. Between that and the slow service we received. We made sure to pass it on by on our back through town the next day. I do think you will like this place if you like model trains and/or live nearby. We didn't try the burgers or anything else other than what I listed, so I cannot tell you how good or bad the rest of the food might be.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ogden, UT
“WELL worth a lunch/dinner stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

When driving up or down I-15 a stop at Mickelson's in Nephi, UT is well worth your time/money. The food there was excellent and the young servers very friendly and competent when we stopped by a few days ago, (July 31, 2014); but the big attraction now is their model train layout! It's HUGE and works it way around every room in the restaurant - overhead; bridges, tunnels, a waterfall, and wonderful sounds as you enjoy your food. Make it a priority stop.

• Visited July 2014