“What a relief!”

Safari Motel
Safari Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My family stopped in Salt Lake City at a some hotel that cost lots and had a view of a wall. It was Saturday night and a party was getting going near the lobby and we just got out of there. I saw the sign on the highway for the Safari Motel and said, "That's where we've gotta go!" And boy, am I glad we went there. The proprietor was down to earth, the room was big, the big window had a view of the pool and the sunset - sure, the a/c is strange and it's an old hotel, but the Safari has character, charm and was just right for us. It's an "old timey" hotel - you'll have a charming experience if you're OK with that or you'll figure it's run down if you're not OK with that! Go to the Safari and when you leave, you'll wish there were more hotels like this one still around!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnWHLA

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Their sign reads 34.95 and up a night. We registered and the rate for 2 went up to $50 a nite.
The rooms AC was located under the bath vanity and had to get down on the ground to turn it on. It took 3 hours to cool the room down. We left the hotel a 4am to find no exterior lighting on which made it difficult to load our luggage on our motorcycle.. The toilet had one bolt missing and the other loose so the seat would slide off the toilet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Me and my husband stayed at safari motel, we loved it, its in an quite hick town with alsome food from the old fashion resturant down the road. we do plan on returning this summer. Yes they do need improvements, but what hotels dont. its cheap and the safari king size bed was out of this world. This hotel furnitur quality beats any casinos valued expensive hotel/motel. We will be back

Room Tip: Good old country hick town with alsome food.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rebecca p
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My two girls and I checked in on July 2nd. While we paid a good rate, the service was not very good. I was checked in by teenagers in swimsuits and no shirts. On the way home we realized we left a case of movies in our room. I called the motel, several times with no answer or call back after leaving a message. Finally got someone about noon. The young man I talked with was nice, he went to the room immediatly and found the case. He took my name and address and phone numbers and said the manager/owner would call. Never got a phone call. I kept calling back. I was told everytime I called that they would be sent to me. I told them I would pay for the postage. After a week I was told they were still there. Then finally on the Jul 13h when I called, I was told they had been mailed the day before. Well here it is the 25th and Guess what NO CASE OF MOVIES in the mail. I was in the hospitality business for 11years and this is unexcusable. Also everytime I did call no one would anwser until afternoon and when they did it was always young kids. Not one gave a greeting and the last girl never said anything until I finally said hello,

Room Tip: Dont stay here if you are one to inadvertly leave things behind. You will never get them back
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rheisa
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I totally agree with the previous reviewer, and would add, not only was the air conditioner accessible only on one's hands and knees, it was so loud it was hard to sleep, and when we tried to just go with the fan, it smelled like something burning. And yes, there was a fridge in the room, but when we opened it the freezer section was so completely frosted over it was clear it hadn't been defrosted in months. When showering, if someone in the next room was using water, both water flow and temperature were affected. We also needed a wakeup call because the cracked alarm clock in the room didn't work (we tested it) and were also told "I don't think we can do that" when we requested a wake-up call from a totally disinterested attendant. We resorted to using our cell phone alarms...finally, the thin washcloths and towels had been so overbleached that the smell made using them nauseating, not to mention my bed had a torn pillowcase that needed at least repairing!

Yes this was an "inexpensive" motel, but it seems in this case the old axiom "you get what you pay for" was sadly too true.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank lovetorry1
Reviewed 20 June 2011

A family member and I stayed at this terrible motel just recently. This was a AAA Approved Motel and I don't know how it ever qualified. The toilet was cracked and it looked like it was glued. The air conditioner was located underneath the room's countertop so you had to get on the floor to set the settings. They had three cords hooked into a general extension cord, which is unsafe and I think it's illegal. They would not give us a wake up call. There was no window to open to get fresh air. The window was screwed shut. This is by far the worst motel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank catright61
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Overnighted here, friendly service. Room didn't have towels, but they corrected this immediately and apologetically, and towels were good quality. One story L-shaped layout. Room was fairly clean, not immaculate. Hotpot, small fridge and microwave in room. Cinder block walls. Beds comfortable. Family owned, good to patronize local establishment, family picture behind registration desk. Broken sign in front and some nonworking, nonessential items in room didn't detract from a budget room ($45 for three of us + tax, <$50 total in June 2011. Wifi, a bit slow. Recommend it. Nice local Mex restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family