“Worth the money”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We have a family of 4 and it was SO nice to have enough space in our hotel room that it wasn't uncomfortable. The room was big & clean, and the shower head was awesome. The beds were standard; nothing extraordinary. The full breakfast included scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, potatoes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt... My only complaint was that there was a strong chlorine smell that started to really bother my respiratory system after just an hour of being there.
I always stay in Marriott hotels because of a family employee, but this brand will be my second choice from now on.

• Stayed: August 2013
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Amy35394,
Thank you for spending your time to write your comment to TripAdvisor on your stay at Comfort Suites, Ogden. I am glad that our room configuration could accommodate your family with plenty of room. Our hotel is the only one in the area that can offer the room make up of sleeping 6 per room. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast and also on the chlorine smell of the pool. I will address this issue with our head of maintenance and see if the levels are not correct. Again, thank you for your time and business.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We just stayed here as a stop over on the way to Yellowstone, but I'm so glad we did. This hotel is a very nice hotel with clean, large rooms. They offer a nice breakfast with a very large eating area (in the restaurant that is attached to the end of the hotel, so more room than the average area.). The free evening cocktail and snack was a nice touch and the lady that was serving that night was very very sweet! She even helped us with dinner ideas. The employees were all very nice. Quite a hotel for the price!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Meamaam,
We are so delight that you stopped and chose to stay with us. We hope that your trip to Yellowstone was all that you expected. We try to make our guests visits and vacations a memorable experience.
The success of our hotel is our staff, from housekeepers, maintenance, front desk and servers, We are truly lucky and blessed to have them part of our team.
The Happy Hour draws a lot of positive attention and Deb, our server makes everyone feel at home.
We thank you for your kind comments and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff at the front were extremely friendly. The rooms were a decent size and the pool was an average hotel pool. The highlight of this hotel was the breakfast, very good variety and the lady working was very friendly.

The negatives were that the room was dirty, dust on everything and a used band-aid beside the bed. When we arrived the heat/AC was set to heat and when we turned it on the dust on the element burned and smoked us out setting off the smoke alarm in our room which got no response from anyone. This hotel is also not near anything, which isn't a big deal if you're just there to sleep but if you want to play with the kids outside it's not happening.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Chackett,
All reviews, be they positive or negative are extremely important to us. We appreciate your taking the time to write and express your concerns to TripAdvisor. I am glad that the staff was courteous and friendly to you upon check in.
In order to check the issues that you have stated concerning your room, I would ask that you either e-mail me at scross@ogdencomfortsuites.com or call me on my direct line 801-605-2298. On the comments, we do not know the room number that you stayed in. I can not address the issues with my maintenance and housekeeping staff adequately without the information. Again, it means taking more of your time, but it would certainly help me fix the problem for future customers. I would look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We reserved through Travelocity and got a decent rate for our overnight stay. We enjoyed a concert in SLC on August 1st and arrived back at the hotel late. I unfortunately don't remember her name, but the woman that checked us in was very pleasant, helpful and kind. Another gentleman came in looking for a room--they were booked full--but she spent the time trying to help him find another place. She was wonderful! Our room was comfortable and well equipped. I had a great night's sleep and was ready to hit the road in the morning! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars was the service we got in the morning. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure this was a busy week for the hotel and it takes a toll on their staff. However, the woman (again, no name) I spoke with upon checkout was rather short and dismissive. We didn't get the receipt under our door that morning and when I checked out, instead of just printing another, she said there would be one emailed to us. I have yet to see a receipt. I believe I was charged the correct amount but I like to see the breakdown on paper. I got the "just leave" vibe from her so I didn't press the matter further at the time. I also called earlier the day before with a question and I believe I spoke with the same person. She acted like I was hassling her and gave me a totally exasperated answer. I suppose that's life, though. Her co-workers are awesome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ST,
Time is important to all of us and we so appreciate your taking the time to write your comments about your stay at Comfort Suites Ogden,Utah. Upon reading the first paragraph of your letter, I felt we were doing terrific for you, the guest. However upon reading your second paragraph I know that we did not meet your expectations when it came to customer service.

It should not matter if a hotel is completely full or only half full, all customers should be given the time and recognition that they deserve. I have addressed your concerns and mine to, to the staff member at front desk that did not give you, the guest the courtesy and time that you deserve. I appreciate your comments and would not have known of the situation if you had not expressed them to us.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and would welcome you in the future.

Comfort Suites / Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I really loved this hotel! The staff was great (Jenny checked us in) and she went above and beyond as a front desk agent. The room was very nice & pretty big room and was VERY VERY clean! That is important to me, I actually walked around the room without my flip flops on (which I don't usually do) It was a great location as we had family that lived walking distance. The lobby was so beautiful I forgot to take a picture of it but this hotel was a steal for everything it offered! I will definitely stay there again if I'm ever anywhere near Ogden. The only issue was there was a fire alarm that woke us up at 2am which everyone in the hotel was in the lobby but no one could figure out what happened. I don't care about that because it was such a beautifully kept hotel and the room was great, staff was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Itzme01,
"We are not an Inn but a Suite Above" This is the saying we try to exude for all of our guests. I thank you for your kind comments about the Ogden Comfort Suites Hotel. We are delighted that we made your stay a tad more enjoyable. We would look forward to having you stay with us again.

I apologize for the fire alarm. It has been checked and hopefully, not inconvenience future guests.

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Reserved through Priceline. Great service at check in by Jessica at front desk. Room was large, clean and comfortable. The free guest cocktail hour was fun hosted by Brenda. Jen at front desk helped us order a pizza for delivery at 9:45pm. Great bed and quite room even though it faced the freeway. Had an outside smoking area with a picnic table and chairs with tables. Couldn't ask for more. The adjacent Cactus Jacks had good food and service.

• Stayed: July 2013
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear DesertCigar,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Comfort Suites, Ogden, Utah. We know that you are busy and to write a comment takes time, but it is so important to us that we know what the guest is experiencing.

I am glad that you had a great experience upon check-in. We do have a fantastic front desk and they all try to embrace the customer's needs.

I will show all the staff members that you have mentioned your comments and thank them personally for the job that they are doing.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you on future visits.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was very happy with my 3 day stay. The buffet breakfast every morning was fantastic. Very nice rooms and clean! Alot of nice ammenitys in rooms to!!! Stayed there during a convention I go to every year and best place ive stayed at the 7 yrs ive been attending. I will definitly book a room there for next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear suzweb,
First, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your patronage and your loyalty with us. Nothing thanks us more than a guest returning. We appreciate your taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. All comments are appreciated. It let's our staff know they are meeting the guests expectations.
We will look forward to your returning with us again in June 2014.