“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Even before we got to the hotel, we asked for an early check-in and a late check-out because of our strange weekend schedule. They happily made the arrangements for us! We were in town for my bodybuilding competition and bringing our infant, so nap-times didn't have to be sacrificed and everyone was happy :)
Right at check-in, we were satisfied with the cleanliness (and decor!) of the lobby. The receptionist was very friendly. As we were bringing bags into our room, we heard some loud banging; someone was fixing some fixtures in the room next door. We politely asked when he'd be finished, because we were about to bring in a sleeping infant whom we wanted to stay asleep. The man instantly stopped and said he can do any further "loud" work in the shop, and cheerfully left! So nice!
The room was spacious and clean; it had all of the amenities I requested. The breakfast was pretty good, too.

The only things that didn't dazzle me was the view (we were on the ground floor, windows facing the apartment complex next door) but the shades were heavy and blocked it out nicely. Also, the beds aren't the super-comfy, fluffy hotel beds and neither were the pillows. Not a bad night's sleep, just not luxurious. I would recommend requesting extra pillows. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear A_Very_Huckleberry,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments concerning your stay at Ogden Comfort Suites to TripAdvisor. I appreciated your comments concerning your check in and also, the information concerning our maintenance department . I am glad that you were able to get sleep as well as the baby.

In reference to the bedding. No excuses, however, in October Choice will be rolling out their new bedding package. I am sure that you will find this bedding far more comfortable. We would appreciate your choosing to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

My husband spent the night here on our way to Yellowstone. I was disappointed beginning with check-in. The guy who checked us in was not friendly and kept printing out receipts with the incorrect price on them. He seemed aggetated that my husband would not initial the sheet with the wrong price. When we got to our room the a/c was off and it was stuffy in the room. I would have thought that someone would have turned it on for the arrival for guests.
The beds were comfortable but the tub grout could have used some bleach and a toothbrush to clean off the black on it. Didn't get close enough to tell if it was mildew or mold. When I took a shower in the morning the tub quickly filled up with water, the drain was very slow. When it got 3" above my ankles I had to get out. It took at least 30 minutes to drain once the water was turned off!
The next stop was breakfast which was good. The complaint that I have was the lady who was attending to the breakfast. She hovered over my husband as he made his waffle telling him to make sure that he needed to watch it carefully and not burn it like someone else had done. He sai he felt like a child with her telling him how much to pour and standing behind him the entire time. She also had a tip jar prominently displayed which she kept turning around and rearranging anytime someone came close to it so that they remembered to give her a tip.
All in all we were pretty disappointed an not sure why our experience was worse than others. 99% of my reviews are positive so I am not a person who gives bad reviews but this deserves one.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here using our points from Choice Privileges. The room was very nice with plenty of room. The breakfast was good in the adjoining restaurant. I would stay again even if we had to pay! It was fairly close to Union Station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Ferndale Girl,
Thank you for visiting Ogden, Utah. We hope you enjoyed all of the "treasured places" we have to offer.

I am delighted to hear that Comfort Suites Ogden, Utah met your expectations for the hotel to stay at in Ogden. Also, for your comment concerning our proximity to Ogden's downtown area.
You are so right, we are only 1.2 miles from Union Station and the Light Rail that can take you into Salt Lake.

We hope that you will return to Ogden and would look forward to having you stay with us again.

Comfort Suites / Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just stayed here a second time while visiting our son who is attending school in the area - the room was large, clean, very pleasant; breakfast was good (and free !), every member of the staff was professional, helpful and courteous; had a nice dinner at the adjoining restaurant - waitstaff (Haddie, I think her name was) was a real sweetheart and made us feel right at home; will be visiting our son a number of times throughout the school year and will stay at Comfort Suites each time; very convenient location - Walmart nearby for any necessities; easy access to I-15; love the fountain in the lobby and the open staircase leading to the second floor

1  Thank agtiesqx2
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

DearAgtiesqx2,
We love repeat guests! Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am glad that we can be your home away from home when you are visitng your son at Weber State University. Thank you for the comments you wrote concerning the hotel and our staff. I will pass your letter onto all of our department team members. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We have a family of 4 and it was SO nice to have enough space in our hotel room that it wasn't uncomfortable. The room was big & clean, and the shower head was awesome. The beds were standard; nothing extraordinary. The full breakfast included scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, potatoes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt... My only complaint was that there was a strong chlorine smell that started to really bother my respiratory system after just an hour of being there.
I always stay in Marriott hotels because of a family employee, but this brand will be my second choice from now on.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Amy35394,
Thank you for spending your time to write your comment to TripAdvisor on your stay at Comfort Suites, Ogden. I am glad that our room configuration could accommodate your family with plenty of room. Our hotel is the only one in the area that can offer the room make up of sleeping 6 per room. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast and also on the chlorine smell of the pool. I will address this issue with our head of maintenance and see if the levels are not correct. Again, thank you for your time and business.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We just stayed here as a stop over on the way to Yellowstone, but I'm so glad we did. This hotel is a very nice hotel with clean, large rooms. They offer a nice breakfast with a very large eating area (in the restaurant that is attached to the end of the hotel, so more room than the average area.). The free evening cocktail and snack was a nice touch and the lady that was serving that night was very very sweet! She even helped us with dinner ideas. The employees were all very nice. Quite a hotel for the price!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Meamaam,
We are so delight that you stopped and chose to stay with us. We hope that your trip to Yellowstone was all that you expected. We try to make our guests visits and vacations a memorable experience.
The success of our hotel is our staff, from housekeepers, maintenance, front desk and servers, We are truly lucky and blessed to have them part of our team.
The Happy Hour draws a lot of positive attention and Deb, our server makes everyone feel at home.
We thank you for your kind comments and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff at the front were extremely friendly. The rooms were a decent size and the pool was an average hotel pool. The highlight of this hotel was the breakfast, very good variety and the lady working was very friendly.

The negatives were that the room was dirty, dust on everything and a used band-aid beside the bed. When we arrived the heat/AC was set to heat and when we turned it on the dust on the element burned and smoked us out setting off the smoke alarm in our room which got no response from anyone. This hotel is also not near anything, which isn't a big deal if you're just there to sleep but if you want to play with the kids outside it's not happening.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Chackett,
All reviews, be they positive or negative are extremely important to us. We appreciate your taking the time to write and express your concerns to TripAdvisor. I am glad that the staff was courteous and friendly to you upon check in.
In order to check the issues that you have stated concerning your room, I would ask that you either e-mail me at scross@ogdencomfortsuites.com or call me on my direct line 801-605-2298. On the comments, we do not know the room number that you stayed in. I can not address the issues with my maintenance and housekeeping staff adequately without the information. Again, it means taking more of your time, but it would certainly help me fix the problem for future customers. I would look forward to hearing from you.