“You get what you pay for”
Review of Ogden River Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogden
Ogden River Inn
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Phoenix, Arizona
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I chose this hotel because I needed somewhere within walking distance to a conference downtown and the reviews seemed to be favorable. However, about the best that can be said for the place is that the bed was comfortable. Other than that, in the 5 days I stayed there, the room was not cleaned, the sheets and towels were not changed, and the TV remote did not work. (Not a digital TV, either.) "The River" cafe next door is closed, the "exercise center" is closed, and there is no WiFi. There is a computer for guest use in the lobby, but forget about getting your email--not configured for AOL, gmail, or Yahoo. There is plenty of hot water, but it is absolutely scalding.

This might have been a nice hotel years ago but has definitely fallen on hard times. The roof needs to be replaced (not just repaired), the parking areas need to be resurfaced, and the rooms need to be refurnished. But compared to other motels in the area, it is cheap. However, be prepared to pay up front when you register. My guess is that a lot of guests skip out, and they do that as a preventative measure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Washington St.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave2219
1azskier, Manager at Ogden River Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Actually you could have "gotten" a lot more if you spoke up. You wanted to pay as little as possible and you got a nice room at a great price. We are clean,safe,comfortable and working on improving the grounds. Let's visit your issues one at a time. 1) We would have been happy to assist you with the password to our WIFI, we obviously give it out to our guests, but you did not ask, also since the front office computer is available during lobby hours only, the person at the front desk would have been happy to help you find your email account, as well as help you how to use the remote. 2) We do try to provide hot water for our hard working guests, we apologize that you had difficulty adjusting the setting. 3) The Exercise Fitness Center is well equipped and up to date. If it was locked, we would have been happy to open it up for you. 4) Just as many hotels do, for guests staying more than one night, we provide daily service upon request, just ask. 5) Yes, the weather this year has provided us with a challenge on one side of the hotel, and at the price you wanted to pay for your 5 day stay which is about a 2 day stay at the regular convention hotel, we cannot afford to appoint every room with a brand new digital TV. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay, we do the best we can to keep the rate to what you wanted, but as a guest if you do not speak up, we cannot assist you with your needs and concerns. Certainly from your review you were in the lobby at times, from our experience we are surprised at the majority of your comments, since we always ask guests in the lobby if they need assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phoenix
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Seriously, there was a head dent on the pillow, and Black hair of course. The blankets were so pilled up they had to be on their second decade. Cleanliness was obviously not high on the priority list. Also it is another example of the weekly, monthly electrical crew staying there, noise, beer cans and ashtrays on patio railings, we checked out after 4 minutes, thet were aplolgetic and nice about it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank walks4653

Travellers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Stayed here on a recent ski trip and will definitely be going back.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Located near all one could need and just mnutes away from some serious skiing!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed here two nights while en route to Salt Lake City during a move. The staff is absolutely amazing with their helpful recommendations as to local sites and offerings. The inn sits only a few minutes away from the downtown area and its nightlife and shopping, while remaining close to the recreational offerings of Ogden as well. The accommodations were spacious, more than suitable, and seemed to have recently undergone renovations. For the price you can not beat the location, genuine friendliness of the staff, and overall comfort of stay. Overall, I would describe it as a quaint inn that provides a quality representation of this vibrant, beautiful and relaxing mountain town.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 January 2011

i spent for days at the Ogden River Inn with my friend. The rooms are great, large and clean ( with wifi and nice tv) and are really cheap. The hotel is 5mn away from Ogden center which is really nice. You can go to ifly ( indoor sky diving) or climbing, bowling etc.
Moreover the is really nice, helpful smiling and pleasant.
I would recommend this hotel to friends and family who'd like to have a fun ski trip.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Spent four days at the river inn and all I have to say is that I could not have been happier with the hotel. Simple and clean and great price! The people who own the inn are the best, always there for anything you need and so genuine and caring. When I come back to ogden, river inn will definitely be my place of stay. Just 5 minutes from downtown and 25 from powder mountain!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Just a little note to share my experience. I had a reservation at a different local hotel that looked good... but when I got there I didn't get a good vibe so I went down the road. There was a big metal sign that said "It pays to live in Ogden" that caught my attention. The hotel sits right there, next to this sign and on the Ogden River. I went in to this nice lobby and was greeted by a front desk clerk and the hotel mascot ORI. He's a gold colored dog that was anxious to say hello to me. The rates were very affordable, about $40 a night for an upgraded single. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn without the price. The staff was friendly and invited me to come back for the ski season. My experience at the Ogden River Inn was great! Next time I hope to have a chance to visit their coffee shop next door. Can't wait for the snow.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business