“Great people, great rooms, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ogden River Inn

Ogden River Inn
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
San Francisco, California
“Great people, great rooms, great stay”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Spent four days at the river inn and all I have to say is that I could not have been happier with the hotel. Simple and clean and great price! The people who own the inn are the best, always there for anything you need and so genuine and caring. When I come back to ogden, river inn will definitely be my place of stay. Just 5 minutes from downtown and 25 from powder mountain!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Just a little note to share my experience. I had a reservation at a different local hotel that looked good... but when I got there I didn't get a good vibe so I went down the road. There was a big metal sign that said "It pays to live in Ogden" that caught my attention. The hotel sits right there, next to this sign and on the Ogden River. I went in to this nice lobby and was greeted by a front desk clerk and the hotel mascot ORI. He's a gold colored dog that was anxious to say hello to me. The rates were very affordable, about $40 a night for an upgraded single. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn without the price. The staff was friendly and invited me to come back for the ski season. My experience at the Ogden River Inn was great! Next time I hope to have a chance to visit their coffee shop next door. Can't wait for the snow.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 August 2010

This is a great story. So we are in town for work and had planned on staying at a place by the freeway. We budgeted for and planned on staying in double rooms to save money. When we got to town, our contact had a change of plans. This hotel had a group rate set up for our group that allowed us each to have our own room with a mini fridge and microwave for less than we planned on spending for a double at another place. At first we thought it was too good to be true but when we got there we found a very nice lobby, plenty of parking and a nice modern room with everything we needed to be very comfortable. The gym and laundry room are very close to my room so I have no excuses ;-) A couple of the guys decided to get a room upstairs just so they could have a balcony but I prefferred the privacy of my own room. In the morning the coffee shop next door made me a Mocha with a double shot and 1 pump hazelnut that has since become my regular morning wake up call. I have yet to enjoy some fishing on the river next door or the pool, but i am working like crazy and saving money on lodging. Hopefully this weekend I will have some down time to enjoy this place a little more.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank workaholicandre
Hallendale, Fl
Reviewed 10 August 2010

So... our annual fammily reunion was planned in a place called Ogden this year. When searching for a hotel we thought we were going to be stuck paying 150 a night at the Marriott or Hampton Inn but at the last minute we found this place on the internet and looked into it. The pictures look great and location was perfect for our planned family outings. We were surprised to find this place on the river with a restaurant next door. We actually planned a day around the hotel and invited the family to enjoy the pool by the restaurant. After our lunch we took a walk along the river before coming back to this hotel just to hang out by the private pool. Surprisingly enough we were the only ones enjoying the quiet and clean pool area. What a great family reunion!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2010

As I competed in the Weber State archery competition my wife and family enjoyed a nice walk along a river that is on this hotel property. When I got home, they had great stories to share about their day on and around the hotel. The rooms are clean and cozy and our groups rooms were all equiped with small fridge and microwave. The coffee shop and pool side, river side restaurant were very accomodating and our balcony room had an amazing view of the mountains. We were treated to a great sunset and when we shared our joy with the front desk clerk, she told us the the winter time was when the real fun started. We are already planning our family winter snowplay trip in Feb. Apparently a place called Powder Mountain is the best in all the land. Thanks for a great and affordable stay in downtown Ogden.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
montreal QC
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My husband and I loved staying at this super cute motel, the management is very nice and caring, and the rooms are all very clean and renovated. I wasn't expecting so much for this price: we were very comfortable,(good beds) and i loved having the gift shop accessible for snacks, coffee ( they even had a tooth brush, i forgot mine at home!). Ogden is a gorgeous small town , and a great spot to go relax outside of the city. My husband loved fishing out the river so close! If you go you should consider the river inn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Wilrijk
Reviewed 6 June 2010

cheap motel with basic accomodation (no wifi, no coffee in the morning, not enough towels, ...) but ok for one night. We had driven all day and just wanted a place to sleep.
There were a few very weird people in the motel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy2610
1azskier, Manager at Ogden River Inn, responded to this review, 6 November 2010
So sad that when guests abuse the property and are asked to leave they resort to this sort of false review to punish us. We have a gift shop for snacks, a nice gym and laundry room. We the owners, manager and some of our staff live on the property so that we may keep any eye out for anything out of the ordinary... due to the recent economic situation …many people move from hotel to hotel with all their drama and usually with entirely too many (storagable) items to fit in our hotel rooms and unfortunately typically the sort of people we have the misfortune to ask to leave or are forced to throw out. Our housekeepers/manager inspect the rooms randomly to make sure that they are kept uncluttered and trash free to avoid attracting bugs and to minimize missuse and/or abuse to our rooms . If and when we find a room cluttered with storage items and trash, we give the guest a warning to clean up before asking them to leave. We don't allow drinking outside, excessive traffic or any form of abuse to the staff. We do ask anyone violating these rules to leave and some are asked to leave by the police if it involves any illegal or inappropriate activity. We do this so the rest of our nice guests may have a quiet undisturbed experience in our hotel. We apologize if this offends or has offended anyone but this practice will continue as it must in order to keep the property nice. We have Direct T.V. for cable 3 HBO channels, ESPN, locals and over 20 other cable channels (usa, syfy, hist, a&e...) with clean reception to all the rooms. Remotes are free and if reprogramming is need we have new free batteries for our guests and are available to reprogram remotes from 7am to 10pm every day! This review is a sad example of what we work very hard everyday to avoid. People tell us that our place is clean, modern and that we work very hard to please them and to make it nicer every day. Thank you for your understanding. We respect trip advisor and wish to have you look at our positive reviews and hotel pictures for an accurate representation of our property. We will continure to upgrade and monitor our property so that it may please you when you come to visit and stay with us. Thanks. The Mgt.

Travellers are raving about these Ogden hotels