“Great location, spacious and clean room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Ogden

Holiday Inn Express Ogden
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Trophy Club, Texas
“Great location, spacious and clean room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

We stayed here for 1 night on our way out of Salt Lake City. The room was spacious and clean, and everything looked new. We also ate dinner at the restaurant next door, which was recommended by the front desk staff. It was also good. The hot spot seemed to be the hotel's pool, and it also seemed like people were "vacationing" at the hotel just to use the pool. Free cont. breakfast - not the best, but there is some variety.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rigby, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

This is an older property, which has been "refreshed" recently with new interior decor and the new HIE logo. There are a few things you'll notice around the property that reveal the building's age, but for the most part the remodeling is very nice, modern, and comfortable. I stayed on the east side of the building, so I cannot comment on highway noise on the west side. My room was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

My seventy-six year old mother and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Ogden, Utah for the night of Thursday, August 13th, 2009. When making our reservations online as a Priority Club member, we requested a suite on the top floor, away from any road noise, and that is what we were given. When we arrived, as a Priority Club member, we received a “goodie bag” filled with two bottles of water, mini chocolate bars, tootsie rolls, M&M's, and cracker snacks.

The large non-smoking suite included two queen-sized beds, each with four pillows on them, a clock radio, two regular chairs with a table, a sofabed with coffee table, a large television and remote with a poor selection of channels, a coffeemaker, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and an iron/ironing board.

The large bathroom included three sets of towels, a hairdryer, bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash, as well as a bar of soap and a shower cap. There was a handle in the shower, which my mother liked, but the toilet was very difficult to flush.

The hotel is located just off of Interstate 15 and has an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, and a business and fitness center. Also, there are not too many restaurants or stores nearby, so you may want to ask for directions to find them.

After taxes, the American Automobile Association rate for Room 305 came to $115.39 U.S. Funds. Overall, we were very comfortable in the room as it was very clean, however the suite is showing its age and needs to be renovated.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

I travel alot for work and this is a very nice place to stay. The hotel has new furniture & carpeting, it's clean. The rooms are so nice! Breakfast is good, the staff is very friendly. There are 2 restaurants close by with one across the parking lot, there's McDonalds, County Store, gas stations. The only thing missing was a refridgerator in my room, other than that great clean place to stay. Conviently right off the freeway (but without the noise in your room)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
portland, oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

We arrived late in the evening. the staff was friendly. The beds were the hightlight of the room as they were very comfortable. the bathroom was clean. the breakfast the next morning looked good but we had to leave early so we didnt get a chance to try it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

Very pet friendly and great grass area surrounds the hotel for easy walking of the dogs. Room was very nice, breakfast has good selection of food. Our room faced the highway and we thought the noise would be a problem but they have double windows which really helps. My only complaint is I wished that had doubled the walls between the rooms. Our neighbor had his TV blaring all night and I could hear every word of his telephone conversations. Try and get a room away from other people and you'll be fine.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Boise
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

The weekend of April 18-20, 2008 my two children & I took a weekend trip to Ogden. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express off 21st street. I’m writing to notify you of the most horrific, disturbing experience I have ever experienced in a public location, in my entire life! On the morning of Sunday, April 20, 2008 at aprox. 8:15A.M., we were eating breakfast at the hotel. I was simply looking for cream cheese for a bagel. I asked the breakfast attendant, “excuse me, do you have any cream cheese?” To which she barked, “BEND OVER!” Completely caught off guard by her response, I stared at the butter/ jam spread trying to figure out what she was talking about. Again she barked at me “BEND OVER!!” Still, trying to understand, thinking that was a new brand of cream cheese of some sorts, I feel an abrupt jerk to my head (she had grabbed my neck) & I was forced down to where my head was at the level of my hips & I hear her yell, “THERE!!” as she precedes to point to the back of a lower tray & in the back of it was cream cheese. At this point I’m dazed & dumbfounded that all this is really happening. I try to stand up, but she is still holding me down! I physically have to push her off of me in order to stand erect. All I could hear was the employee laughing as if that were a joke.

I look out for my children at our table, when I see every hotel guest in there staring at me, all wide eyed & jaw’s dropped. When I focus on my children have the look of fear in them & obvious deep concern for their mother. I have never been so publicly humiliated in all of my life, and in front of my 2 young girls.

When checking out I ask for the manager, only the desk clerk was available. I tell her my story & she at least briefly apologized, but didn’t even offer any ramifications to such an outrage. Holiday Inn Corporate said I shouldget a call with in 21 days!

I’m at a loss of words for this experience. I thought you’d be interested in the travel experience I, my children, & every hotel guest in the breakfast room experienced, during our visit to Ogden.

CONCLUSION:
GM said she would comp our 2 night stay (I can't validate that was done yet) but refused to offer any compensation or future stays for the "inconvenience" I encountered as I could not prove such a story against the employees word, whom they are trying to work with since she's been there for 7yrs... The assulting employee only got sent back to training, not fired.

• Disliked — being attacked then not compensated by the hotel because I didn't have witnesses names!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank attacked