“Nice motel!”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice motel!”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Room was clean, pool was nice and check in was a breeze.
Coffee in lobby, not in room, and our room unfortunately was not one with the refrigerator, but we luckily had our cooler anyway.
Nice place, especially for a motel 6, and for that price.
We would surely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Devon
Reviewed 8 September 2009

July 2009 our family was driving through Ogden while heading south and returning 2 weeks later. We used Trip Advisor to help us find accommodations. Motel 6 on Riverdale was great value for the dollar. When making reservations over the phone the staff was helpful and placed us in front of the pool as we had children. The pool and area as well as our rooms were clean and well kept. Having hot coffee available in the lobby was appreciated for our morning venture. We would not hesitate to stay once again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KandSFamily
Cambridge,UK
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Wow Very large room, King Bed ,comfy chairs, was it really a Motel 6 ? Excellent value for money,just 5 minute drive to superb Hill Aerospace Museum and restaurants !

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2008

there are two motel 6s in ogden. i stayed at the one on washington street. the room was large and it looked like all other motel 6 rooms. the only negative thing about this motel was that the walls are thinner than other motel 6s, you can hear the tv in the next room. and the inner hallway can be noisy. otherwise it was an ok place tom stay and probably better than other cheap motels in ogden. ask for a room in the back away from street noise (the non-smoking rooms) and ask for a room with a mountain view.

• Liked — price, location
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank whomever

Travellers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Lebanon, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I'd seen mixed reviews about this location, but more positive than negative and decided to try it.

Had made reservations early in an attempt to get a downstairs single with frig and microwave. On arrival, the premises were attractive, the check-in was flawless and pleasant, and they had the exact room requested (in a slightly inconvenient location). The room itself was a very pleasant surprise: huge, totally clean and attractive, with a small refrigerator (no freezer compartment) and microwave, and still better, a really comfortable king-size bed. ( Should mention that Motel 6s back in the 60s-90's, when I did most of my traveling for business before retirement, seldom had good beds - for me, anyway - but this was a definite departure from that).

Looked to me as if the motel (certainly my room, at least) had been totally redone within the last year or two. This room even had an individual thru-the-outside-wall combo heating-cooling unit that's so convenient. And almost best of all, not the messy old-style shower head they've been using for 30-40 years now. This one gave a neat and controlled spray.

Because it's so good for the cost I think it truly deserves a full 5.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Room location to parking
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank boringoldguy
colorado
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Nothing fancy, great nights sleep, friendly staff Good price. When staying at Motel 6 it's a no frills stay but affordable and comfortable. I'd definately stay again.

• Liked — price comfort
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sleeper8
Colorado
Reviewed 12 March 2007

I stayed in this hotel mainly for price, location (washington st) and pet friendlyness. I have stayed in 0 star hotels and have been perfectly happy before. This hotel was the worst! I have never felt the need to find another place to stay the night, but after 5 min in the room I was using the phone book to find another hotel. The 5 minutes it took to book another hotel room was a big misteak! When I returned to the office, 25 min later, to request my money back I was informed by the staff that I could not get a refund after 20 min. I feel cheated! Now to the issues I had with the room and hotel in general. Here is a list:
Stained, dirty comforter with 6 cigarett burns in it.
Stray cat in hall.
Prostitute in hall (I assume thats the reason for the 20 min rule)
Smell of illegal drugs in hall.
Had trash every where, inside and out.
Left the car unlocked for about an hour, someone got into it.
Grafetti in the phonebook.
Paper thin walls and doors.
Window frame was broken.
Room smelled bad.
No refund after 20 min? maybe this is the standard I dont know I have never had this problem before. Wish I could show you photos but didn't bring a camera sorry. Please dont give this hotel your buisness it's not worth the price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family