“Gets the Job Done”

Motel 6 Ogden Riverdale
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 7 October 2012

No bells and whistles what so ever! No Fridge which did suck but i got over it as they do have an Ice machine. For just under $50 a night I slept great on the giant bed. Now u do have to pay $3 for internet for 24Hrs but thats isnt a big deal as the internet is fast. Overall I had a good exprience for 2 nights in this motel.

Room Tip: Dont expect bells and Whistles.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael H

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I sometimes wonder reading other reviews of this property. My room was ok and I had absolutely no complaints. I stayed there because it was the nearest place I could find from the Hill Aerospace Museum. They had a decent laundry and my room was clean. I have stayed in worse places 3 times the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Caver13
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

This place is a converted red roof inn. It obviously received a new coat of paint some sheets and in some cases a carpet shampoo. Some rooms are well furnished and well appointed. I stayed in 2 separate rooms on 2 separate nights. The first night was fantastic it was clean roomy and spacious and absolutely without complaint. The second night was in a room by the pool and it smelled like cats and was not cleaned as the first one was. In fact the carpet was filthy especially in the corners.
But still this room and this stay was better than most of the super 8's and especially because some rooms have microwaves and a refrigerator. For the money I consider this an excellent value place to stay but I would be careful as to examine the rooms from what I was able to choose from. For the room rates involved you're going to get a different class of transient customer. Just know what to expect and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank gkinaz
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The grounds looked good, the front desk gals were nice, but you could hear every little thing! It was loud noisy and people were coming and going at all hours of the night. I got the feeling like some of the people staying there, were living there.There was no clock or phone book if you like those kinds of things like I do. The room was clean though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jodie B
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This place is cheap-for a reason. We needed a last minute room and chose this motel because it was off the interstate and the lobby was clean and attractive. First, when we pulled around to our entrance we saw a man smoking on a window ledge (he had removed the screen) The smell was awful once we entered. We walked up to our room on the 2nd floor, and were greeted by a screaming cat sticking his paws and tail under the door of the room he was stuck in. He screamed every time anyone walked by. The room was filthy, stinky, tub and bathroom had several stains, carpet was gross and stained, and we were afraid to sit-let alone sleep-on the beds. The pool was ok, until a lady forced her very large, and terrified, dog to get in the water without checking to see if other swimmers were ok with it. We left and returned to the pool after going to the store, and the front desk person came out to check on us because she had recieved a complaint that there were hookers, drug dealers, and drunks in the pool. It was my 12 yr old daughter and her 12 yr old friend, and me and I was sitting on a lounge chair near them.It was a very strange and scary experience overall. We didn't sleep at all that night and left the hotel around 4:00 am.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Motel room was clean, staff was friendly and the price was very reasonable. Make sure to ask for a room not facing the pool as it seems to be noisy until quite late. Also, was not impressed with some of the people hanging around the pool parking lot at night.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BarbaraSurreyBC
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here because we had 2 dogs with us and that pretty much limits your lodging choices. I have learned by traveling with my dog that Motel 6's are "hit and miss", some decent, some disgusting. For example, the ones in Weed, CA and Marysville, CA are actually nice, but this one is definitely a "MISS". I don't expect much from Motel 6's, just a clean place to sleep and shower. This place failed the "clean" requirement in spades. Our non-smoking room smelled like a seedy dive bar. I had to take the pillow case off of my pillow (thank God I always bring my own) and cover my face with it to block out the smell. Even saturating the room with Febreze did nothing to help. There was a spider above the shower, and later I spotted one crawling down the wall towards my pillow. There was also a long black hair stuck to the ceiling above the shower. The tub drained SUPER slowly, leaving you to stand in your own filth up to your ankles (actually, it wasn't the thought of "my own" filth that bothered me). You had to hold the toilet handle down for a good 30 seconds to get the toilet to flush. The bathroom fan didn't work. The batteries kept falling out of the tv remote. They need to tear out the carpeting and burn it. The door chain fell off. No one cleans up after their pets, and the residents there (yes, there are TONS of people that actually LIVE there) apparently think they are exempt from the leash requirement for their dogs. They are also very trashy and confrontational, particularly the "ladies" who live in room 123 who like to sit right outside their room and smoke and drink beer with their tattooed shirtless skinhead boyfriends from about 2pm to 2am. I felt very unsafe -- my stay here had me deeply regretting I hadn't brought my .45 with me on this trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 135, it was disgusting