“Watch your stuff”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Portland, Oregon
“Watch your stuff”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and the room itself was nice, but there were some very "interesting" fellow tenants. Not sure if it was the drunk gang members hanging out the second floor windows yelling, the guy smoking pot in the hallway, or the sound of nearby gunshots, but my family and I didn't feel that safe at this location. Take a few more minutes and go to a Motel 6 further to the south.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rus1974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice enough for a Motel 6 until you wake up one morning covered with bedbug bites. They offered a free night in another room but still! Also, I was staying here on a weekly rate and one night I had to renew my stay for another week. I was very exhausted as I was in the area working on a difficult job. I guess I didn't come off as friendly enough to suit the young guy at the front desk because thereafter he seemed to have some sort of weird grudge against me. Any time I would come in to ask for anything this kid would become rude and uncooperative. I tried to inform the management and instead of an apology they proceeded in defending him and soon they had a grudge as well. I really don't feel like I was being rude at any point. Very bizarre. I finally had to find another motel. Won't be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jmdjmd

Travellers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2013

On our way back home on a cross country motorcycle trip we realized we would be near Ogden, UT around nightfall and chose this Motel 6 in our GPS thinking it was the Motel 6 we had stayed in on a trip 2 years earlier. We called from the road about 100 miles out and made reservations. When the GPS took us to this motel we were disappointed from the start. The staff was not very friendly at all, the room was marginal at best, I always say staying at Motel 6's is like playing the lottery and on this one we lost. We were needing to do some laundry but the laundy closed 15 minutes after we arrived. If you are in the are looking for a decent Motel 6 gor for the one near 21'st Street I think.

Room Tip: Go the the other Motel 6 in Ogden. 21 street area, Much better.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike M
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ogden Riverdale, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Mike M,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the service and cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This motel was rather dingy and depressing, although the staff at reception were always friendly and we really enjoyed the outdoor pool. The Wi-Fi was not working while we were there which we found annoying. The beds were pretty comfortable however and not too noisy. This is ok if you want somewhere very cheap but I'm sure there are much better motels nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stopped hear with our family thinking it looked decent the lobby wasent bad being it was formerly a red roof inn.the room was filthy stains on the sheets and towels big cockaroaches outside the room.and the front desk guy was a total douch he was rude to normal people but to the gang of hookers he turned a blind eye.its totally not worth the 10-15$ savings you will be out more on buying rid for your hair with the dirty pillows.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank gunn76
Draper, Utah
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here with family on May 29, 2013. Nothing fancy, but a good, clean room. I had to cough up an additional $3 for internet access, which contrary to another reviewer's experience, was very slow, so I could not play my favorite online game (World of Tanks MMO) while I was there, but at least it was still fast enough that I could keep up with what was happening on the web, and the fact that the charge was very low made up for it. Went out here to Ogden because a family member had a job interview at the nearby Syracuse City.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor poolside are quieter. Room 247 over there is clean, quiet, and cool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Cornelius, Oregon
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here on May 5, 2013. It was a no frills room but our room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room and internet charge total was $50. We were very pleased! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple