“Nice theming, breakfast, terrible bed”
Review of Alaskan Inn

Alaskan Inn
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed in the Alaskan Suite. Overall our stay was nice. The room was clean and nicely themed, the movie library selection was decent, the breakfast was wonderful, front desk was helpful and friendly. Beautiful place in Ogden canyon. No shower, just a jetted tub. Unfortunately, the mattress was very old and needs to be replaced. We rolled to the center the worst of any hotel we have ever stayed in. This review would go up to 5 stars if the mattress is replaced. Otherwise, avoid the Alaskan suite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StaceyM

Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

We just got back from the Inn. We used a godealgo.com voucher with no problems. Check in was a breeze. Great little movie library to borrow from- good variety. We reserved the eagles nest suite and it was incredible! Beautiful murals and the bed was so cool (im a sucker for novelty). However, no shower, just a large Jacuzzi tub for two. Around 9pm the room was really warm and the air conditioning unit was not working, so we called the cute gal at the front desk a few times and she was unable to fix it. She immediately offered us the suite next door, the totem room. It was not decorated as well as the eagles nest, but it still had a great view, a king bed and a better tv. Breakfast was pretty good. I liked that we were able to choose our own entrees and sides and enjoy it in our own room. We were also able to choose the meal delivery time. I am glad we used the voucher though because the rooms are not worth $180/$200 weekends, especially the totem room. Also, your cell phones will only work when you are right next to the windows. Overall, a good stay. Thankful for the front desk gal (I think her name was Jerica) and the inns appology for the broken ac.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank PghPens
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here this last weekend for Valentines day 2012. I hadn't been to the Alaskan Inn for many years (since it opened) so i was excited. I was immediately un-impressed with the unprofessionalism of the hostess at the desk. Isn't there a dress standard? After all, they are the first (and only) people you see and deal with on your stay. The checkout guy was as equally unappealing. Breakfast was terrible...i remembered on my first stay, they did heart shaped pancakes, cute condiments...well corners were cut and the food looked horrible and thrown on the plate.
For as much money as you pay, some upgrades or remodeling really needs to be done.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to just get out of the city for a night and stay at a nice B & B. I came across the Alaskan Inn and could not help but book the Eagle's Nest suite. Each room has it's own theme and this one is so worth the price if you're a dork with a novelty streak like me -- main selling point, you get to sleep in a bed that sits upon a "rocky cliff" in your room of fake pine trees and antler lamps. There is a nice little movie collection to pick and choose from and breakfast in the morning was tasty. We loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fakeplant9
Reviewed 31 January 2012

After a day of snowshoeing, it was nice to come back to a private cabin. The log decor was nice. There is a large sep. jetted tub that was nice also. My only compaints were the plumbing. The tub was very slow to fill and with a large tub, that isn't a good thing. Around all the plumbing fixtures, it was dirty from leakage. There was a nice sound system and tv but no input for an ipod. There was a huge breakfast in the morning. I think that was one of the best features. There were several items to chose from and you get to chose the time they deliver it. The bed was comfortable and a lot of linens were provided. The cabins are quite close to the road and I heard road noise a lot but there are a lot of trees surronding the cabins, so when you walk out you really forget the road is there. The desk staff was friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Glacier room. It had stuffed polar bears, which if you liked stuffed animals is gre...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runmommierun
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was a bit apprehensive about visiting the Alaskan Inn after reading some of the reviews but we had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Kenai cabin and loved having a little cabin all to ourselves. The room was nicely decorated with a log bed and log entertainment center and had a nice sound system for watching movies. The TV sits right in front of the bed, unfortunately its not a flat panel TV and you can barely see from the tub. (It would be nice to see a flat panel mounted on the wall so you can tilt it). They have a large selection of free DVD's that you can check out from the front desk.
The jetted tub for two was awesome (except for the TV part) and we slept great. The rain on the cabin roof made it feel even more rustic.
Breakfast came right on time in the morning and was delicious.
Other than the front desk staff being less than bubbly/friendly (still helpful though) we had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dan D
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My daughter and new husband stayed here for their honeymoon. I bought one of the add ons to make the night special. They charged it to my Visa card and then charged them for it when they left the next morning! This is very upsetting as it was a gift for them. They were not treated very well at the front desk when confronted with having to pay this fee. I tried to straighten this out the next day (Sunday) and the lady that answered the phone said that the manager had to do it, he would be in on Monday. I called and he was unavailable and was told to call later. I called back at 3 pm and he was gone for the day, I was told to call tomorrow!! Still have not got it fixed!

When they got to thier room about 10pm, the strawberries were frozen, grapes moldy and the cheese dried out. The fridge had ice around the edges. They were not very happy with the room, small bed, dirty carpet, had a damp smell, no shower, only the jet tub that didn't work well. They stayed in the Ididarod room.

Room Tip: Maybe a cabin is nicer and more worth the money
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pdaKearns_Utah_USA
Kristal S, Owner at Alaskan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

The Alaskan Inn is under new management and has recently seen an ownership shift. Your concerns have been addressed and we assure you that upon your next visit you will be greeted warmly by our professional and friendly staff. We have worked diligently to address your concerns. We are happy to announce a few changes to the menu and along with the addition of new televisions, you will be sure to find The Alaskan Inn a romantic place to escape and unwind and that under our management guests will be extremely satisfied.