Alaskan Inn
Comfort Suites(Ogden)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$85
Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden(Ogden)(Great Value!)
US$116
Sleep Inn(Ogden)
US$90
US$136
US$121
Best Western Plus High Country Inn(Ogden)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$90
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Ogden(Ogden)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$104
Travelocity
US$100
US$98
Agoda.com
All reviewsogden canyonnorthern lightssparkling ciderjetted tubapple juiceromantic eveningrose petalsbreakfast deliveredcabin doorour honeymoonno children allowedcomfortable cabingreat anniversarycliff lodgethe main lodgefrench toastwe loved our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed in the Northern Lights room for our anniversary the first week of Feb. 2014.
The room is incredible! Half of the ceiling has these cool twinkling stars and an aurora borialis is painted on one wall. A black light lights it all up and it's really cool to see everything glow. Anything that's white glows with the black light too (your clothes, socks, bed sheets, white towel, pretty cool!)

This room is VERY dark at night. We ate a meal in the room for dinner that we brought at the little table (they provide a bottle of sparkling cider--Nice!). It was so dark that I literally couldn't see my food. Not the worst thing in the world if that's the type of mood you're going for, but it would've been nice to be able to lighten it up a bit; if even for a few minutes. The wife didn't mind though.

Television:
=========
The TV was nice, although because it was so dark in the room, it was hard to try & figure out how to use the remote. There's a DVD player there and they have a big selection of DVD's you can choose from; we didn't use it, so not sure how well it works. (The Olympics were on & we watched those instead).

Wi-Fi:
=========
While they do provide free internet, the signal in this room was horrible. Bordering on pretty much not usable at all. Certain areas of the room you could sort of catch a signal but then it was gone. Interestingly, our Nexus 7 got a better signal than my 2008 MacBook Pro could get, but it was still pretty weak. Bring your own wi-fi hotspot if you need internet.

Bed:
=========
It's a big king size bed on a wooden log frame. The mattress seemed kind of hard in this room. It wasn't terribly comfortable & neither my wife or I got a decent night sleep on it. I tossed & turned all night. She slept a little better than I did, but I just couldn't get comfortable in the bed.

Heater:
=========
The room had two heating units. A wall mounted one just inside the door and larger heating/cooling unit mounted on the other side of the room near the window. It was so dark in the room at night that it was hard to figure out how to make the larger one work right, but it was fairly loud as it cycled on and off through the night. Not terrible, but if noise bothers you, and you want this room, be sure to turn it off before you go to bed.

Jetted Tub:
=========
This worked great! It sits in the corner underneath the starry lights so it's really cool to use in the evening (read: Made some bonus points with the wife for this one! Kind of like bathing under starlight, very cool!) We added a bit of the provided shampoo to the tub and made tons of bubbles for a nice bubble bath (again, earned mega bonus points here). There isn't a shower in the room, so bathing is a little awkward in the morning if you're used to a shower, but it's still pretty cool.

Size Of Room:
===========
The room is fairly large for a "cozy hotel room". We didn't feel cramped at all and there was plenty of space to move around. In the morning with the blinds open it's much brighter too.

Breakfast:
===========
They give you several options for breakfast, all of which looked incredible! I had the Belgian Waffle with syrup, hash browns, and sausage. It was really good! You also get to choose two beverages as well. I had orange juice & apple juice. Both tasted fresh & were great with breakfast.

The wife had the french toast with strawberries & cream w/ Sausage and eggs. She said it was great as well!

Staff:
==========
We didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but what we did have was great. They were gracious and went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. The cookies at the front desk rock too!

Ambiance:
==========
If you dig the whole Alaskan Inn Cabin theme, you'll love this place! They even have pine scented fragrance wafting through the air and these big honkin' stuffed bear's throughout the place too. Our room was right off the stairs so we didn't see much of the place, but what we did see was nice. Also, we had a great view of the river out our window as well as the majestic looking mountains covered with snow. It was lightly snowing when we arrived, so it added to the ambiance as well.

Quietness:
==========
It's located way up Ogden Canyon away from any city lights or city noises. Very quiet!

Overall:
==========
Would I stay here again? Probably. If I did, I'd choose a room with a shower though. Not that the tub wasn't nice, I just am a shower kind of a person. I'd also choose a room that's lighter at night too. While we loved the room and the whole Northern Lights theme, I'd be willing to give up a bit of the "dark theme" for more light at night. But you gotta see those twinkling stars! Wow! Just amazing! (there's even a shooting star too!)

Room Tip: The Northern Lights room is awesome at night, but really dark.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SyracuseUTTraveler
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This charming log lodge and cabins right on the river is a relaxing place to get away. It is also the best place to stay while skiing at nearby Snow Basin or Powder Mountain. We stayed 3 nights during which time the staff was super attentive and friendly. In fact, they could give lessons to the other hotels we stayed at on our trip.

Room Tip: Be aware though, that some rooms only have a whirlpool tub and no shower, so you may have to request a room with a full bath.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank claygourmet
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husbands stayed at the Alaskan Inn in one of their cozy, private cabins on Jan 10th. We stayed in the Timberwolf cabin which we stayed in the very last time. On our last stay we noticed that the accommodations were not A+ like the several other times we had stayed BUT ON THIS STAY the cabin was most definitely improved!!!

The owners were kind enough to offer us a chance to see the improvements they have made. The carpets have been replaced. The bedding seemed new and beautiful. The cabin was very clean. The sound system and TV was in perfect working order. The best part of the entire stay is the breakfast. A full hot wonderful breakfast. This time they even included the daily newspaper which was a nice touch.

There was nothing I found negative about this trip and it was a wonderful getaway. I would recommend the Alaskan Inn for couples wanting to enjoy a romantic getaway or a wonderful private place to stay on your trip to ski at the resorts up Ogden Canyon such as Powder Mountain, Snowbasin or Wolf Creek. If you are traveling to Pine View Dam in the summer it would be a great choice too!

We will be returning again to the is great place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaimeeJ
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place is wonderful!! We stayed in the Alaskan Suite and loved it. The staff was very welcoming and it was so cozy. Breakfast was delicious. It was our first time here but it won't be our last! My fiancé was visiting from South Carolina so this was definitely a change of pace for him. He loved it so much that he decided to propose to me here!! The Alaskan Inn will always have a special place in our hearts!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LinRPet
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was looking for a peaceful hideaway to unwind, work and hike. I wanted it immersed in nature and mountains but still safe as I was traveling alone. I found much more. My room was a delightful haven and the staff was the best ever. I will be back! ❤❤❤

Thanks Sherry, Mark, Danielle, Breckin, Jane and the rest of the staff for the super hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo