“Compliments to the staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Meridian, Idaho
“Compliments to the staff”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed at this new beautiful hotel on Friday October 19, 2012. Besides being a beautiful hotel and so well located in the city I was greated by two front desk personnel, Todd and Sal. They were terrific. Not only very personal but also most knowledgeable about the hotel. My reservations were in order and hardly took any time to check in. They recommended places to see in the area which I did. The next morning Sal was on duty again and very personable asking how my night was and what I did. I highly compliment these two individuals as 2 of the most efficient and friendly people I have met at any hotel. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable. I highly recommend the hotel and if I am in Ogden again I will plan to stay there. Gary W

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank gwick4
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Dear gwick4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn.

We are truly humbled by your kind and thoughtful “Compliments to the staff”.

We are proud that you recognized and appreciated the special touches that create the Hilton Garden Inn experience. I will certainly recognize Sal for her efforts in personalizing your stay and pass along your appreciation.

We are sincerely pleased to have earned your trust and look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 October 2012

As usual, Hilton Garden was a real break after staying at economy hotels near national parks. Clean, serviceable. One negative was that the place is so new that it was difficult to insert a power plug into the wall socket. I think that's all it was, but I was afraid to break my computer power supply plug, so I went without power.

The staff was wonderful. In fact, we left a package behind and got a call in Yellowstone from Desk Clerk Todd telling us about it. He didn't look inside, asked us if anything needed refrigeration, and told us we could pick it up anytime. We picked it up on the way south, and Todd was on duty.

When we arrived, we essentially emptied the car onto a luggage cart and registered. I had to then go park the car. Todd offered to go upstairs with my wife to unload the cart while I went to park the car. This saved us a lot of time, and we were so tired that we really appreciated it.

I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lonniea
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Dear Lonniea,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in such detail.

I would like to apologize for the negative experience in regards to the outlets, and yes it is due to being new. Having said that I want to thank you, we couldn’t be more pleased to learn that we have succeeded in achieving our goal. It is the vision of Western Sates Lodging that the Hilton Garden Inn and staff provide the best in accommodations and service.

Thank you again for your most generous comments, It was my pleasure having the opportunity of meeting and serving you and your wife.

On behalf of the entire Hilton Garden Inn family we will look forward to welcoming you back.

arizona
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is newer Garden Inn so the hotel is clean and well-furnished. In general, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful; however, on the night I arrived there was no one at the front desk. After a five minute wait, I called the hotel with my cell phone (while standing at the front desk) and no came to answer the phone! About 10 minutes later the front desk attendant came and told me she went to get a coffee. That was a little odd but for the remainder of my 5 day stay the staff was very helpful.

The beds were comfortable (not amazing but good) but what I really liked about the beds is that they change the duvet cover for each guest! The room was clean and it was equipped with a mini-refrigerator and microwave oven. The fitness room was great. It was located in the front of the hotel with two large windows so it was nice and bright. There were five cardio machines, free weights and a small weight pulley system. The pool was really nice too.

The location is good if you need to be in downtown Ogden. The hotel is located adjacent to a megaplex movie theater, across from an indoor sky diving facility, just down the street from a few restaurants including a great little cupcake shop.

Overall, a good experience, I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear tgdow,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m sincerely disappointed with your arrival experience and want to assure you that is not the level of service we pride ourselves in.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed our city and the accommodations at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, we are deeply honored to have earned your trust even with the not so pleasant arrival experience.

We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Modern hotel with very good rooms and housekeeping and close to restaurants. Service was friendly and efficient. The negative was noise and access. We arrived to a rock band outside on one side of the hotel and a busy street on the other. The front entrance was blocked for the show and we had to figure out how to get in. It took me five minutes to park the car and walk around the building to find an entry. A sign would have been helpful. We changed rooms from the rock band to the street side. Unfortunately a bunch of young folks had booked most of the rooms near us and they decided to party in the hall. We complained and they reverted to moving from room to room making noise as they did. Finally two girls decided at 1 AM to call all their friends from outside our door. At that point I went ballistic and told them off. One disappeared and the other took on that "whatever" look.

I would suggest the hotel be careful in booking party animals and/or make sure they know the rules.as well as not letting the neighbors block the entrance to the hotel. I had to "schlep" my considerable luggage a block with a cart instead of arriving at the lobby. Also after a 6 hour drive one should not have to figure out how to access the hotel. You could not even get to the entrance with a car. That kills my service rating and sleep quality is affected by the busy street.

The negative experiences ruined what should have been a pleasant stay in a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street. They normally would be very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canuck22SanFrancisco
Dear canuck22SanFrancisco,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sincerely disheartened as we clearly failed to provide you with the Hilton Garden Inn experience that we pride ourselves in. I assure you that is not the first impression we strive to provide.

Kindly be advised that our General Manager Matt Seamons attempted to contact each and every guest that would be staying with us during this time to provide the most efficient arrival instructions available giving the circumstances. Unfortunately we were unable to contact everyone.

We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart. We will discuss the above issues with our management team and do everything we can to avoid similar issues in the future.

I hope that we have not lost you as a guest and you give us the opportunity to restore your trust in the Hilton Garden inn.

Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 14 October 2012

New, nicely positioned in this small pleasant City near the Great Salt Lake. We stayed in two of these on a recent trip and indeed both were pretty good- I'd position them a bit above the same group's Hampton Inns. Good foyer, space to sit with a free coffee. Good sized, well-featured and smart room, and of course almost new. Breakfast is a kind of "assisted buffet" with eggs cooked to order. Good value too, we thought, and perfectly situated in the middle of town. Everyone we spoke to seemed smiley and helpful

If we're ever again in Ogden, we'll stay here without question.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DavidHBerkshire_UK,

We were delighted by your remarks comparing us to another excellent hotel and especially pleased you recognized our perfect location, accommodations, and service.

Thank you for recommending us so highly. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed 1 evening - the hotel was very nice, clean and the staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Free wifi! Hotel sits in a popular area with numerous restaurants within walking distance. Staff actually went the extra mile for us. We left around 5am to get on the road and about 2 hours after leaving my sister discovered she had left her credit card on the nightstand. Hotel staff was able to locate the card and while we supplied the fed-ex acct number, they were an enormous help in sending the credit card to us at our vacation destination! Excellent service!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted to hear from our guests in a continual effort to improve the Hilton Garden Inn experience.

We are truly pleased you enjoyed our accommodations, location, and above all the excellent service provided by our team. I am truly grateful that you recognized the cleanliness of the rooms and the comfort of our beds.

I am glad to learn that our team was able to assist with your credit card; I understand how frustrating losing personal belongings can be.

We thank you again for such kind remarks and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were having our 10th Anniversary dinner and wanted someplace special and thought that the Garden Resturant at the new Hilton would be fun. We went with a couple of friends. We cannot say enough of how wonderful it was. The service was fabulous, the service fantiastic. The food was more than delicious. The Manager greeted us and made us feel so welcome. And at the end of our wonderful meal, the chef himself came out and gave us a wonderful Creme Bruley with Happy Anniversary written on the plate. It was a great place to have our Anniversary. In fact, my son and his wife are having their Anniversary this week and I am giving them a Gift Certificate to go there for dinner...It was not cheap, but the food, and presentation was amazing and worth it..It was fine dinning..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judie D
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Judie D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience. We are honored you chose the Garden Grille and Lounge here at the Hilton Garden Inn to celebrate your 10th anniversary. I am happy to learn that a specific member of our team made a difference and contributed to your special occasion. I will pass along the praise to our Executive Chef.

I want to thank you for such high praise and for sending your family to dine with us. The experience that you described is the kind of experience we seek to provide for each and every one of our guests.

Thank you again for recommending us so highly. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your 11th anniversary or any occasion.