“Love HGI, but this was even better”

Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
King, North Carolina
“Love HGI, but this was even better”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I love staying at Hilton Garden Inns. They are very nicely decorated and very well maintained. I have never had any issues with cleanliness, and the beds are very comfortable. I always experience excellent customer service. However, the Hi,ton Garden Inn in Ogden, UT is not just your typical HGI. First off, the scenery is spectacular. It is perfectly located in an area with lots of things to do; shopping, restaurants, cinemas, a gym and iFly Utah.
Todd Light checked me in the afternoon I arrived. He was so nice. He asked about my food preferences and then made great recommendations for places for dinner. He also gave recommendations for servers and food at each place he recommended.
The bar and restaurant area of the hotel have a lovely out door seating area. If it hadn't been for the snow every day while I was there, I would have loved to have eaten out there. The view is so peaceful and lovely.
I can't wait until I can come back here. Next time I want to be able to bring my husband and spend several days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear rsvrn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted you chose to stay with us while in Ogden and humbled by such kind and thoughtful remarks.

We are pleased you acknowledged the comfort and cleanliness of our hotel, but we are most proud you recognized our commitment to providing excellent service. We understand it is our staff that makes the difference.

Thank you again for recommending us so highly. We are honored to have earned your trust and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Full disclosure, I am a Hilton employee and came here for spring break skiing at Snowbasin. A wonderful stay in every way -- the kind staff, the comfy room, the yummy breakfast...I could go on and on. The location is ideal for families -- you're directly across from the Salomon Center with iFly, Flowrider, the movies, etc., a perfect diversion for kids (and parents too!). Don't miss the delicious cooked-to-order breakfast, my son highly recommends the chocolate chip pancakes!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Lara S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are humbled by your kind remarks and delighted you chose to stay with us during your spring break.

We are always excited to hear the experiences form our guests and we are especially proud that the value we strive for is recognized and appreciated. We strive to offer the very best in accommodations and service and we could not be more pleased we were successful in achieving this for you.

Thank you again for such high praise. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Brigham City, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we stayed in the mini sweet. We had the greatest experience. We had to leave early, but kept thinking, we just wanted to relax by the fireplace. We will make the Hilton,our stopping place every time we travel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Steven H,

We were delighted by your remarks regarding our fireplace suite and proud to have gained your trust.

Thank you again for such generous feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back and hope you will have more time to enjoy the hotel..

Pittsburg, CA
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn one night for business. The location is great! It’s near to restaurants and entertainment. The hotel provided all that I need amenity wise, but I think the cleaning staff could use some training? Found a dirty towel left in my bathroom, shampoo/conditioner was used by previous guest and not replenished (half used bottles placed on counter), pillows not arranged (kind of just thrown towards the head board) and some of the room information was dog eared and folded up? Not a big deal, but not used to this from a Hilton location.
They provide a hot breakfast which really hit the spot before having to head off to work! I was able to take a cup of coffee to go and keep me warm and awake.
Would I stay here again? Yes I would, maybe the cleaning staff person just had “off” day…

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the HVAC system.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear joel1316,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were pleased to learn that aspects of your stay were positive.

I apologize for the areas we fell short regarding your room. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our new hotel and guest rooms and we are very disappointed by the lapse you experienced. I have shared your experience with our housekeeping team and we will make the appropriate adjustments to avoid such issues in the future.

Thank you again for the candid feedback and for giving us the benefit of the doubt. I can assure what you experienced is not ordinary. We hope you will give us another opportunity to restore your full confidence.

Caldwell, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My married daughter and her family live in Ogden and I stay at this Hilton Garden whenever I am visiting. My stay is usually 2 or 3 days. My 3 young grandkids call my Hilton Hotel "Grandma's House" and love to come and visit. I love the friendly, helpful service and the clean atmosphere. I also appreciate the consistency of service....always the same quality each visit. The location is a big plus with great restaurants and entertainment right out the front door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Priscilla G,

We are delighted to learn of your positive experience in regards to our accommodations and location, and humbled by your kind remarks.

We are especially proud you recognized the level of service our team provides. It is our goal to provide exemplary service to each guest, every stay, and do everything we can to make our hotel feel like home.

Boise, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a great location with a good staff that takes care of you. There are many restaurants within walking distance making your down time easy and enjoyable. There is a movie theater, bowling alley, surf park all across the street from the hotel. If you are really up for an adventure you can skydive in a wind tunnel as well!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Todd V,

We are delighted to learn of your positive experience and honored to have gained your trust.

I would also like to thank you for recognizing our staff and the level of service they provide. We realize that it is our team members and their efforts that create the biggest impact.

Thank you again for such generous remarks. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Murray, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was a beautiful hotel! Very helpful staff! Helped accommodate with all our needs. Close to everything! I will go back every year when we have a dance convention! And I have recommended to all my friends!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are honored you chose to stay with us while in Ogden for the dance competition.

We are delighted to learn you enjoyed our facilities, staff and amenities. We were especially proud that you have already recommended our hotel to your friends.

Thanks again for such kind remarks. We are grateful to have earned your trust and will look forward to welcoming you back.