“Comfortable stay, good location”

Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here while participating in the Ogden Marathon. The room was clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced (although the price dropped after we made our initial reservation – we were able to cancel create a new reservation that took advantage of the lower room rate). Hotel staff were friendly, and there are snacks and water regularly available in the hotel lobby. There are many restaurants located nearby, and the indoor skydiving center (iFly Utah) is right across the street.

My only complaint is the layout of the rooms relative to the elevator. The hotel is shaped like a “U.” Rather than have the elevators in the middle of the U, the elevators are at one end, and thus one can have a very long walk from the elevator to one’s room (which we did!). Obviously this isn’t something that can be fixed. Still, I would stay here again but request a room that wasn’t as far away from the elevator.

Parking is limited. The hotel has a gated parking area with relatively few parking spots. If the lot fills up, and it will by late-afternoon, there is an ungated overflow parking area directly above the gated lot. However, the overflow lot is open to the general public and quickly fills up as well on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Dave B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience and pleased you chose to stay with us during the Ogden Marathon.

We were especially proud that you recognized and appreciated the small touches our staff provides such as the cookies and lemonade in the lobby. We understand it is the small touches that provide the largest impact

I apologize that the parking garage was not to your liking, unfortunately that is something we are unable improve.

Thank you again for the kind feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Second visit on extended stay. Outstanding service and welcomed back by complete staff, was even remembered by House Keeping. Excellent location, will defiantly stay again. I asked for a specific room and was accommodated. The staff went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I didn't have any problems, only opportunities for them help me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thank Steven F. L

Dear Steven F. L,

We are humbled by such high praise and delighted to learn that we are your home while in Ogden.

We are especially proud of your comments regarding our staff and their efforts. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and we could not be happier our staff has left such a positive impression with you

Thank you again for such kind remarks. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here after our wedding at the local botanical gardens in Ogden. The hotel is new and very nice without being ostentatious or obnoxious. The desk staff delivered chilled wine to our room shortly after arrival with chocolate covered strawberries. They generally serve red wine but were able to switch to zin which is my wife's favorite with just one days notice.

The rooms are clean and modern. Parking garage nearby. Near the Ogden Junction downtown with theater, restaurants and activities. The lobby was elegant and modern and stayed well stocked with cookies and infused water. There is a cozy bar which we didn't need due to wine service but it looked inviting.

The only drawback is this was listed as a bed and breakfast romance package but you actually get a voucher for the breakfast downstairs. We had an early morning to leave on our trip so we didn't mind as we didn't have the option of staying in that morning. The dining area and food were well above par. Excellent buffet and you can also request short orders for eggs, pancakes etc. from the staff.

All in all, this was a great experience. Classy, friendly and they listened to me and followed through. What more can I say.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view - you can see mountain view and skyline. Don't be afraid to ask the sta...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Troy J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion.

We could not be more pleased to read that the hospitality you experienced was so favorable here at the HGI. We are especially proud to learn that we have gained your trust. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our staff and the level of service they provide. We understand that it is our staff and the small things that make the largest impact.

Thank you again for the generous feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel and staff were very nice. I had one of my staff that could was delayed and the manager went out of his way to make sure I was not charged for his room. If I needed anything they jumped to get it for me. I would definitely use this hotel again for my business meetings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear CECIL B,

We were delighted to learn or your enjoyable experience and pleased to have earned your trust.

We were especially proud you recognized and appreciated our team for their efforts. We could not be more proud that one of our team members contributed to your stay and left such a favorable impression with you. I will definitely pass along the praise.

Thank you again for such generous remarks. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is clean, quiet, and the staff is always friendly, helpful and just fantastic! Love the location because it so close to many places and activities downtown. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy... no complaints at all about this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Darby L,

We are humbled by such kind remarks and delighted you have recommended us so highly.

We recognize the other excellent lodging options available in the area and we are thrilled you chose to stay with us. A clean facility and excellent service are two of our goals and we could not be more pleased we were successful in executing these fundamentals for you.

Thank you again for the positive feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was about the 14th hotel that we stayed at during a 3-week trip across the country. Accommodations were excellent, staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel is beautiful, especially the garden area! It is in the heart of numerous restaurants and it was wonderful to walk to a restaurant rather than get back in the car! Would definitely stay there again if in that area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family & I had a great stay at this hotel. The room was very clean, large, and had a modern decor. My kids enjoyed the pool and I thought the fitness room was great...they had dumbbells, a weight bench, a pulley weight machine, excercise balls & mats, treadmills, elipticals, and a bicycle. The hotel is in a nice area and across the street from several restaurants. If we are ever in the Ogden area again, we will defintely choose this Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family