We recently came to Ogden for a family gathering. We had originally booked a room at another hotel which promised us no smoking. The room next door , for which there was an ajoining door, was smoking heavily. We called the front desk and they refused to do anything about it. The smoke was too much so at 1 a.m.. we checked out and checked into Ben Lomand. The room was reasonably priced and spacious. When we got there we discovered there was no microwave so we asked the front desk about it and they brought one right up. The next day we just mentioned that the room was too warm to sleep and that we would be purchasing a fan. They explained that the A/C was not made for the high temperatures Ogden had been having and that they would provide a fan for us. The fan was big and made all the difference. In our rush to move on several important things were left behind. I called Ben Lomand and they sent me not only what I had mentioned but a couple of other things I had left. I have been treated well in many hotels but this was beyond what I had expected. What ever I asked they responded too, not in an hour or two but imediately. Thank you for your kind consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah