I stayed at this hotel on business in the 1960s. Wow, it sure has changed. It still retains its historic character, but the rooms have been upgraded and are super nice. We were checked in by a very pleasant and efficient desk clerk (Yashelle) who gave us a lot of information plus a voucher for a free appetizer at the Irish restaurant in the hotel. We had a suite with two double beds for the price of $76.50 plus tax (senior rate). There was a bedroom and a sitting room, both with nice TVs. The beds were very comfortable, with pillow-top mattresses. There was a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker in the room. The sitting area had a desk and chair plus a couch, coffee table, and two end tables, all very nice furniture. The bathroom was roomy with a shower-tub combination with a Jacuzzi-type tub. The breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon in addition to the usual cold items. We were planning to move to a hotel in Salt Lake for the next night, but we were so impressed by the room and the price that we extended for an additional night, trading off the driving time into Salt Lake for the amenities and price of the Ben Lomond. Highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah