Bigelow Hotel and Residences, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
GardenInn.com
US$74
Motel 6
  • Pool
Best Western Plus High Country Inn(Ogden)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$123
US$117
Courtyard
Holiday Inn Express Ogden(Ogden)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
Sleep Inn(Ogden)
US$107
US$147
US$141
All reviewsben lomondhistoric hotelsitting roomfront deskseparate bedroomsleeping areabar sinkjetted tubrooms are spaciouswithin walking distanceflat screencovered parkingcookie cuttercoffee makerbagelsdowntown ogdenunion station
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Although I could have chosen the Hilton or some other chain hotel in the Ogden area, I was fortunate when I chose the Ben Lomond, instead. It was happy surprise. Despite the place being really quiet during the Christmas holiday, it was charming and decorated for the holidays in a really lovely way. Right on the corner of the historic 25th strip, the hotel overlooked the singular most amazing display of small-town holiday lighting I have ever seen. (Ogden townfolk: You are astonishing!).
The hotel had convenient parking, much of it in-doors. The room was immense, the staff was courteous and thoughtful, and the location to Snowbasin was only about 20 mins.
I stayed there with my daughter who absolutely loved the old charm of this historic hotel and said that she felt "charmed" to have the Ben Lomond be our accommodation at the end of what was a perfect day of skiing. Although it would have been nice to catch a post-ski hot-tub, I couldn't have been happier with this place. Incredible value and experience. Will not go anywhere else when skiing in the Ogden area.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the amazing holiday-lit park are a bonus. The suites are huge and comfy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Bigelow Hotel and Residences, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear dangDdrum,

We are so glad that you "felt fortunate" to stay with us. Ogden's Christmas Village is really fun and we are so happy that you got to enjoy it and that we have views of it from some of our rooms. Did you get the opportunity to explore Ogden's Christmas Village and visit the Ben Lomond Suites cottage? We are glad that you enjoyed skiing at Snowbasin, it is really a world class ski resort. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdviser.

We hope that you have a wonderful year in 2014!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Ok, people, listen up! Wonderful, well renovated old hotel in historic district with microwaves and fridges in each room.
Simple buffet breakfast (eggs, bacon, coffee, juice, cereal) included
Discount ski packages available (lift tickets and room)
Ski where they had Olympic races.
So, fly to Salt Lake, rent a car, and get thee to Ogden--Avoid the big resorts! Enjoy this small town with good and modestly priced restaurants (including those in hotel) and excellent skiing with friendly people everywhere.
Really now, what more do you want?

Room Tip: ask for a corner suite--huge and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy W
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Bigelow Hotel and Residences, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Lucy W.,

Thank you for the great ski review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our ski package. We agree you can't beat the skiing at Snowbasin and Powder Mountain and both mountains are just 30 minutes from the hotel. My father used to live in the San Francisco Bay Area and he said "it is easier to get to the slopes in Utah than to get to skiing in Tahoe, and the snow is better."

We hope to see you again this ski season. It looks like the snow is going to be great!

Have a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

On a recent trip to Ogden, I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel exceeded all my expectations. The Ben Lomond is a grand building which has been restored to its original condition. I booked a queen suite which was an enormous room containing a sitting area with a sofa and chairs and two queen beds in separate areas. Everything about this hotel was spotless, and the employees were all very friendly and accommodating. Finally, the breakfast buffet was superb and offered a wide variety of breakfast items.
There was absolutely nothing about my stay I could fault. If you are looking for a hotel in Ogden, you cannot do better than the Ben Lomond.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Bigelow Hotel and Residences, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear MontanaTraveler643,

Thank you for staying with us at our wonderful historic hotel. We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our large rooms and breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

We hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was a guest at the Ben Lomond from June 26th until November 11th, 2013. The stay overall had been quite pleasant. That was the case until I checked out November 11th. I accidentally left my jewelry case hanging in the window of the hotel behind the blinds. When I called about it the next day, I went directly there and was allowed to go to the room to retrieve it. After examining the case however, I found that there were quite a few of the more valuable pieces missing. I immediately contacted the manager. The room had not yet been re-rented and the only one having entered the room would have been the maid (the beds had been made). THERE ARE NO SAFES AVAILABLE IN THE ROOM TO LOCK YOUR VALUABLES IN. I was told the maid was contacted and denied touching the case. I was also told that there is a statement on the door stating not to leave valuables in the room. Now, that would be okay if there were safes to lock things in, but that is not the case here. I guess every time you leave the room you need to carry a valise for your valuables??? This is ridiculous. It is also ridiculous that no action was taken against the maid - the only person who entered the room after I left. I am extremely disappointed in the way this was handled. I had previously given the Ben Lomond a good review, but I really have to rescind that review at this point....Sad, because it is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Bigelow Hotel and Residences, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Okaloosagirl,

Thank you for staying with us, we are sorry to hear that your items went missing and ruined a pleasant stay. The maid that cleaned your room that day has been with the hotel for four years and never been accused of theft. When we asked the maid about the jewelry she stated that she did not touch your jewelry case. When we spoke with you, you told us that the maid had, had the opportunity to steal much more valuable items (cameras and computers) that you had left out previously when she cleaned and nothing had gone missing. Since you feel so strongly that our maid took your items we again request that you report the theft to the police so they can investigate and find proof. Sometimes items go missing during moves, we hope that you find your jewelry while you are unpacking.

Travel Tip
If you can, do not bring valuables along when you travel. If you must travel with valuables stow them in the hotel safe or securely out of sight in your car. Our hotel does not have room safes but we do have a location behind the front desk where guests may keep small valuables secure.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

All rooms are suites. That means extra room. While not updated with the brand new furniture, the bed and pillows (most important) were very comfortable. Dining on top level was above average and the view from the 11th floor is outstanding. Lobby is at street level and is adjacent to a pub with local crowd, a much used shuffleboard table and local beers. Nice. Staff is friendly. Only real negative is that the bathrooms need to be updated but overall, I would stay here again. Oh, and the haunted house theme? i love a good story and a bit of history to boot!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jean A.,

Thank you for staying with us during your business trip. We are happy that you enjoyed our suites and our restaurants. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We hope to see you again soon!

Have a lovely day!