“Go see”

Hill Aerospace Museum
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Ogden
More attraction details
Owner description: Hill Aerospace Museum is located on approximately 30 acres of the northwest corner of Hill Air Force Base, five miles south of Ogden, Utah. The Museum, which opened in 1986, was founded in 1981 as a part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program. The Utah Museum hosted its four millionth visitor in the spring of 2014. More than 185,000 visitors, coming from every state and from many foreign countries, visited the museum last year. Not only does the Museum have close to 100 aircraft displayed in its two inside galleries and outside air park, it exhibits thousands of artifacts depicting the history of aviation of the United States Air Force, Hill Air Force Base and the State of Utah. Hill Aerospace Museum also has a STEM Education program housed in the Lt. General Marc C. Reynolds Aerospace Center for Education. FREE ADMISSION! FREE ADMISSION!
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great museum of military flight history. They exhibits are very educational and gives one a great overview of they history of flight

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and visitors loved the museum, I walked around saw the planes and was ready to go! My family wanted to see everything! They spent three hours wandering around. The veterans that were there the day we went were quite knowledgable and their stories were entertaining.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We took our young grandchildren, ages 4 & 7, to see the museum after our grandson spotted the outdoor plane exhibit from I-15. We started with the two indoor exhibit halls, then went outside to see the planes around the grounds. There were easily more adults there than children, so don't be put off if you're traveling without kids. The museum is free, the gift shop offers a nice selection of airplane-related gifts, and there are bathrooms in the main building. If you're planning to stay a while, especially in the summer, pack cold drinks as there are none sold in the store and the only soda machine outside was out of service. As a bonus, the outdoor area offers a great view of the Wasatch Mountains. Oddly, the elderly museum volunteers were cranky on the day we visited. Overall, we had a good time.

1  Thank MyZiggyMan
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best military aircraft museums I have ever seen. It takes a half a day to see all the planes. They had displays of all five aircraft my father in law flew in WW2. I would recommend this to any history or airplane fan.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I've been an admirer of planes from different eras. WWII planes are my favorite. Where else can you find a B17, B25, and a B24 all in one hangar? This place does!The collection is priceless!!

1  Thank Leo L