“Meh...”
Review of Toad's Fun Zone

Toad's Fun Zone
Ranked #7 of 12 Fun & Games in Ogden
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This place is okay. It can be fun but get cheap passes. Once your time is up on the go-carts they slow everyone down no matter where you are on the course. If you just began a lap you have to crawl through the whole course to the end. It may be slower than crawling. This also makes waiting for your turn painful.

It can be a fun time and some attractions are better than others. I was disappointed with dirty bathrooms and broken batting cages.

If you want somewhere that is super cheap to send the kids on a frequent basis pick here.
If you want a one time fun experience go to Boondocks. So much nicer and they have deals that make it reasonable.

1  Thank Mike G

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We bought season passes for the whole family; they usually have them on sale during the summer, sometimes on KSL or Groupon, so look around. They typically discount from $50 to $29.
They have the best laser tag set up I've played anywhere! It's a sensitive system that logs your shots, and you can get some decent adult exercise playing laser tag w the kids. True they could sometimes use better refereeing, but overall it's good and fun. No need to "recharge" at a station like other laser tags, you just go and go.
The electric cars on the track are a thrill for kids to ride with you or drive on their own from 9-14 or so, adults should'nt expect too much, and don't be overly competitive, you'll cause crashes there if you are; just have a good time.
I'm a pilot so I love their one video game with a WWII flyer, it's great and cheap; with the VIP card (season pass) it's only like 60 cents to pay; there's one night of the week you can put extra money on your card for games at half price!! Boondock's has a more HD version of the flying video game, but both are good. I'd like to see the HD version at Toad's, but for now the one there is still fun.
My kids love the cars, my wife likes the minigolf, I have to say the laser tag is my fav. We went dozens of times from June of 2012 to June of 2013.
As always, if my review was helpful, please give it a helpful vote--thanks!

6  Thank Washed
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I don't know what the heck the first reviewer is thinking, but they're wrong. The go carts HAVE to slow down for safety!
And don't complain that no adults work there because it kind of seems like a teenagers job to me. If you would want to work there during adulthood be my guest.
Dirty bathrooms? Oh please, look at mcdonalds! The bathrooms at toads are fine!

I don't recall going anywhere (that isn't all about baseball) that has every single batting cage working. Do you know how easily those things break down? No, of course you don't.

Normally, one attraction is 6 dollars, right? So after you participate 9 times, your pass is more than worth it! Let's say you play 9 games of laser tag every Tuesday. Without a pass it's 54 dollars each day. But with a pass, you will save $2,758 a year on laser tag. Yet you claim the pass is barely worth it?

2  Thank Jesse O
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I must respectfully disagree with the previous reviewer. Although I do agree that the go-kart ride could be sped up to improve efficiency, my family and I love the place. We purchased year passes and have used them twice in the last few days. They have three courses of mini-golf( 2 outdoor and 1 indoor). My family has played laser tag twice, used the go-karts at least six times, played their video games, golfed. Simply put, we had fun.

When we needed golf clubs, we just asked a worker and they were polite and helped us out. My kids are asking when we can go back again.

There are a few things that they could improve upon, but all in all, it is a great place to spend time with your younger-to teen-aged kids fora 2-5 hours.

2  Thank GrafvanKurt
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family and I were so excited to have purchased year passes for Toads. However, we did so sight unseen. The great deal we got made it worth it still but barely.

See Toads could be so much fun! The mini golf is fun. However, the batting cages are poorly maintained and some are always not working. This is the kind of place that puts buckets under drips instead of fixing them. The bathrooms are dirty and two stalls have been out of order for over a month.

Most disappointing is the pathetic way they operate the go-carts. They should be so fun! However, each ride takes forever and there is such a long wait between rides even when the park is dead. This is because they bring you to an almost complete stop when the race is over and you have to wait for all the carts in different places of the track to crawl in!!! It is crazy! Most places just have it set up to slow you down close to the finish so you can pull in. This place stops you wherever and you have to go in so so slowly from across the racetrack. It ruins go-carts. What a shame!

You never see adults working here and you can never find anyone to get your golf clubs or balls!

Bottom line: Do not pay full-price for this place.

2  Thank NGreen8