“My husband's birthday dinner”
Review of Sitara India

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Layton, Utah
“My husband's birthday dinner”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We've eaten here several times and enjoyed the food. My husband decided Sitara India would be the place we'd celebrate his birthday today. We arrived at 6:40 p.m. to a dining room with 1 table with people finishing their meal. Our son arrived at 7. We sat in a, by then, empty dining room except for 2 people who came in for carryout. No one was bussing the dirty tables and there were many flies buzzing around. About 7:45 we finally were served our food. One couple got up and walked out after they waited for over half an hour.
The food is still very good. When it finally arrived, the food was hot. By this time the dining room was almost completely full of people waiting to order and/or get their food.
Problem: the waiter had no clue about the menu or the specials which are mounted under plexiglass on each table. There were 2 other employees (owner's family?) who just wandered around the dining room or went back into the kitchen. The tables remained uncleared. No one came out to say, "We are having problems in the kitchen." No one asked if we'd like something else to drink. Nothing.
We weren't given our bill. We picked it up at the cash register. It hadn't even been totaled. The cashier had to check a list to see how much my husband's beer was and asked what we had ordered.
All in all, an unpleasant experience except for the food. It was and is still very good!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank masseyfj5

Ogden, Utah
“Tasty Buffet -- Try the Indian Tea Too!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I really liked their lunch buffet; I went twice, both times before working on a home I'm rehabbing with a big appetite.
I was not disappointed, and I didn't notice it being dirty.
The service is good, but you might have to ask for a water refill. Don't be afraid to give it a try, unfortunately if there is anything wrong with the food, I'll get sick, and that happens more than I like, but not at this place, it was good food, at a fair price (about $10 with tax/tip) and I really enjoyed it. I'll go back for sure when I get a chance.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Washed
Ogden, Utah
“I don't know Indian food, but I liked it”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I've never been to the buffet but my husband and I went during dinner time and we were the only ones there. The service was good and I liked my food a lot actually. I cant remember what we ordered but my husband ordered his dish "spicy." I don't recommend doing that because he loves spicy food and it was almost inedible because it was so hot. He should have known better. lol. Also, they offer a 10% discount to Weber State Students.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank RayellJHuntsman
Ogden, Utah
“Bland Indian food, dirty restaurant.”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Upon entering I immediately noticed the dirty floor throughout the restaurant. They also have big paper banners in the front window advertising their buffet. We were seated and had to wait a few minutes to have our drink order taken. The hostess was at the front whining about wanting to go home. Our server was hanging out talking to her and we were ready to order. I ordered Chicken Tikka Masala and husband ordered Lamb Vindaloo. We both wanted ours medium spicy. We each ordered a beer which turned out to be the only one for the meal. When I got my chicken, it was all thigh meat. Tikka means chicken breast. My husband's vindaloo was almost fluorescent red colored. His lamb was tasty, but the sauce was weird. Not like any vindaloo he had ever eaten and it wasn't spicy at all. Just kind if a nondescript flavor. We had ordered one rice but got two. The naan bread was good. Our server was either hanging out in the kitchen or at the front desk and didn't return. We would have liked to have another beer and I wanted to tell her my chicken order was wrong. We regret eating there and wish we would have turned around and left when we saw how dirty the place was.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Laura56
Colorado
“Buffet List Online”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Near Weber Sate University, this place is a little hole-in-the-wall with a lunch buffet. Their dining area is plain and small; but the food is good, and you can even have Indian beer.

At lunchtime, it's a great place to familiarize with Indian food. I've taken my teenagers about 4 times and we've always found something to enjoy from their buffet. (We've not been at night to choose specific menu items though.) Some of our favorites include chicken masala, and korma. Naan/bread does come with the buffet price. Upon ordering, they will ask if you want it, then cook it fresh for you.

They post their buffet selections daily at their website sitaraindia.com.

• Visited March 2012