“Fresh and Yummy!!!”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #121 of 375 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Every item I've had on the menu has been WONDERFUL!!!! Fresh ingredients, great tasting!
What I dislike is, the parking lot, very crowded

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We were staying overnight in Ogden area and saw the sign. We love Mexican food, so I looked it up on Tripadvisor. Great food and very popular. Also they had Tres Leche - something we have only had in Texas or homemade, best dessert ever and this one did not disappoint. Save room for dessert.

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We love going to Cafe Rio for dinner. It has not disappointed us. I love the grilled chicken salad (the pork is also delicious), quesadillas (extra cheese!), and enchiladas. They also provide a little quesadilla for the little ones at no charge. The line can get long at the usual dinner hours but moves very quickly. Take a look at the menu while you are in line to get a feel of what you want before you get to the counter. The tortillas are cooked on site and taste delicious. Be wild and get the tres leches cake. You can justify it later, this I assure you ;)

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Driving down I-5 looking for lunch as we travelled from Beaverton, OR to Provo, UT we saw a freeway sign near Odgen listing restaurants and Cafe Rio was there. We LOVE to visit Cafe Rio at least once while in Utah and usually eat there several times. At the end of the off ramp the area pointed left for Cafe Rio with a distance of 2 miles. Longer than we usually like to travel off the freeway, especially when we are in a hurry but this detour did not dissapoint! A nice thing is we didn't have to back track to the freeway as Riverdale Rd crosses I-5 and there are lots of signs to get you there. Didn't feel like a big detour at all!

Cafe Rio's food is outstanding. Their signature meat is a sweet pulled pork that they will put in burritos etc but my favorite is the Tostada Salad. Get the house dressing and you will thank me! If you aren't super hungry the tostada is essentially a smaller version of the salad, or share the salad with someone, they are really big. Also, they have some of the best Horchata I have had.

Cafe Rio is in all the bigger cities in Utah and is moving into most of the western states...I'm still holding my breath for Oregon.

1  Thank slashby
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area! The food has always been delicious! The service is quick and their reward cards can really pay off. They also have great ice! An added benefit is that it is right next to Farr's Fresh Yogurt and Ice Cream!