“Hidden treasure”

Cuisines: Chinese
New Jersey
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I went to Lee's frequently in the mid/late 1980s and even had my wedding rehearsal dinner there in 1991. After 22 years it's very much the same. The decor is shabby and the crowd is heavily tattooed, but the food is delicious! The experience, for Ogden, is very exotic and fun. Egg rolls are awesome, service is terrific. It might be a little more run-down, if that's possible, and I miss the bright red door, but this is worth finding.

• Visited June 2013

Helena, Montana
“Don't Judge The Book.......”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A hobby of mine when travelling is to find hidden local gems. Lee's Mongolian Bar-b-q is one of those gems in Ogden. Now, my first thought when I saw the outside was to wonder if they were still open for business. After spotting the neon "Open" sign, my second thought was "Hmmmmm...... divey". But I'd done my homework. Lee's has been an Ogden icon for over 30 years. And other contributors had commented that the street appeal wasn't that great, but it was worth it. So I steeled myself and walked in.

What I found was a very clean restaurant with very, very friendly staff. My waitress was over-the-top helpful, showing me how Mongolian works (I already knew, but she was so excited to teach me I just let her show me anyway). The selection of meats, vegetables, and sauces is good. The flavor is above average, and the cooking speed is lightning fast compared to other Mongolian I've had.

When I returned to my table, there was a small bowl of egg drop soup, a bowl of rice, and a slice of homemade sesame bread. Dinner was $9.95 for one trip through, or $1 more for unlimited trips. While eating dinner, I noticed a ton of couples and families come and go. Lee's was obviously a local favorite.

Of all the restaurants in Ogden, Lee's is only one spot away from the top 10. If you can get past the door, you'll find a great little family owned Mongolian grill and service that's as good as I've had anywhere.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank A_Montana_Traveler
Thomaston, Connecticut
“Just go!!! Been there 33 years”
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

You will not be taking your prom date here but the food is great. Doesn't look like much been the place has been there 33 years. How many places you know that are open that long that doesn't have good food? Nice and hot, all you can eat and soda you can drink. Waitress will talk your ears off but she is sweet. Client at Goldenwest CU clued me in on this place! Good job Paul!!

Farr West
“Don't judge a book by it's cover..”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

If you are looking for a good Mongolian BBQ, don't miss Lee's. It may not look like much from the outside, but the food is the best! I've been coming here for at least 20 years, and I'm never disappointed.

Visited January 2013
Surprise, Arizona, United States
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This place is a little whole in the wall that serves amazing mongolian stir-fry. I would recommend this place to everyone!! You won't be disappointed!!

Visited December 2012