“El Matador is awesome”

El Matador
Ranked #229 of 372 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Love going to El matador. Our family and friends eat here at least once per month and love it. The salsa is some of the best I have ever tasted and I recomend that you get the grated cheese when the server asks about it. We love eating there.

1  Thank BYUcougars1
There are newer reviews for El Matador

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This restaurant has great Mexican food. They can seat families or parties of 30 or more. I have been three many times. Some times it's hard to find a place to park as the parking lot is small. So go early to avoid the line and have a parking space.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This restaurant has great food, but don't expect much in terms of service. The staff is rude and incompetent for the most part, including the management. Be prepared for slow, unenthusiastic service and plenty of eye rolling. The last time we went we didn't even end up eating because we were seated by an incredibly rude host and then left without any acknowledgement for over 10 minutes...

Reviewed 27 July 2013

El Matador has been one of the best Mexican Restaurants in Ogden for years. A little off the beaten path it is just a block east of the downtown square. Enjoy

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The food and the variety are very good. The chips and salsa are nothing special, despite the claims that I've seen in several other reviews. The seating can be cramped in some sections of the restaraunt. The ambiance is fun and the servers are generally attentive and helpful. The portions are huge, and quite often I eat less than half of my dish. The full service bar offers good margarita's (most of the time) and the usual selection of beer. I've been here many times, probably averaging 3 to 4 times a year, and have never been disappointed with my experience.